The Forex Portfolio - How to Gain Consistent Profits by Staying in the Market 24/7

Kinda snarky there buster…excuse me for trying to help out…that’s what we do here. Most people don’t read and ask something already answered…you didn’t quote that you had read it so how’s I to know. If you read his comments properly, he’s had out of the ordinary (crazy) jumps before :cool:

No. I don’t count candles. I just look at the price action behind each candle to make my decision.

No offense to anyone, but that worked out funny given his screen name:)

If you feel like helping, I’m still curious about understanding when to perceive a bullish change in AUD/NZD market structure.

I actually missed my opportunity to get in when it started. So I missed out on that move upward. My answer has really no merit because of course I would probably say that I would have gotten out two or three days ago after the break of the low of that long short candle that appeared the day after that pin bar. But there’s really no way to know at the moment whether I would be accurate to that statement or not.

But to answer the second part of your question, It’s too soon to enter short for me. I’d prefer it either solidly crack through some support and/or fibs on it’s way down before going south. In an ideal scenario, it would retrace up a bit ,and then continue to drop, further illustrating that the bears got the trend this time.

I haven’t checked if I’m short still, but I’m sure I am. If that’s the case, at the end of the close today, I’m putting a stop loss 10 pips above today’s high. Yesterday there was a pin bar, today the candle kept shooting up. Price may be looking to change direction. If that’s the case, I don’t want to sustain another long candle. Where it’s at now should be enough after the drop it had to determine if it’s going to reverse it’s course and keep going back down.

When there is steep movement like this in either direction, I generally like to get in after small 38.2 rectracements instead of holding out for the Golden Ratio.

:57:

I dident get the impression you were “trying to help out"but being snarky yourself,with a not paying attention” comment but whatever.I, like everone here ,am trying to learn something from MG.So Im sure he’ll let me off if ive missed the point of something.:57:

Depending on one’s broker, the daily candles could display different patterns. Mine is showing a Piercing Line pattern which is supposedly a bullish sign. I’m not at a point to use naked charts yet, so I use channels too and price is sitting on the bottom of the lower channel…also a bullish sign. However, the orange line (close to price) was a prior support that is now broken thru and may become resistance…it tried to go above but iscurrently under again. It would seem more time is needed to see if that resistance will hold or not. If it doesn’t then I may consider a long trade at the end of the bar that breaks above it, otherwise will stay out.

That’s what I see :slight_smile:

You’ve both said your piece. I’m assumed we all kissed and made up now. If not, let’s take it behind the scenes with private messages. And I mean with the conversing, not the kissing. Cool?

Now let’s get back to making some pips!

Thank you SweetPip. The Bar that breaks above, can you tell me which day that is; my eyes are a little old.

MG per your trading style, when would you look to buy here. Oops , just saw you responded already.

Sorry…I know the quality of the pics after uploading here are terrible…I should have zoomed in more too, but then you lose the bigger overall picture.

Well, today’s “Daily” bar has tried to break above but hasn’t sustained. However it still has about 7 hours left until closing to close above if it’s going to. If not today, then maybe tomorrow it will, or the day after that…or…???..Is that what you mean? Otherwise I think Mondays bar also tried but wasn’t able to.
:slight_smile:

No your right MG.Im not going to agree to kiss sweeypip though untill I know what she looks like ( Im assuming shes a she) so cool.:10:

For me, it’s a counter trend trade, so I wouldn’t take the long. I did put my stop loss 10 pips off the high of the candle that just closed. But that’s not me predicting it’s going to go up. I’d just as well like for it to continue on back down.

Yes you’re right…I’m looking at it more from a top/bottom structure and actually that’s not what was asked. So then one would need to see higher highs and higher lows starting to form to start considering it a bullish structure…(which channels can often help beginners see) and then go from there.
:slight_smile:

I just got home and now see that the Aus/Cad had broken through a support area of 1.0271; I’m short at 1.0259 with lots of room to go down. I’ll learn how to use imageshack this weekend so I can hopefully post charts too.

Look back a couple days. See where it retraced, but price rocketed down? That’s a great set up there. Where you are getting in now may not have the same momentum, but nevertheless I’m still short, so let’s make some pips.

What’s your opinion on the JPY pairs?

also CAD/CHF looking like a nice sell opertunity?

I put in a stop loss on the majority of my open yen pairs. It’s had a good run and while my bias is still long, I banked plenty of pips and will hope back on board if my stops are hit, yet it continues back up.

For me CADCHF isn’t ready to short. It’s certainly looking like your run of the mill retrace, but I need up see some downward movement first. Let the gamblers guess direction while we roll with the direction it ultimately went.

Also, when posting your ideas, share the logic behind it so I can see how you guys are thinking and provide feedback.

I’m not an Oracle or is my way the only way, but I’m more interested in the overall mindset and thought process. For I feel above all its how you view the market that will be the differentiating difference between success and failure.

How strong do you want the trend to be before you’ll look to jump in. I know you like to see long candles to confirm before you commit, but what if a pair appears to be ranging with a slight bias one way or another. Take USD/CHF as an example. From around the beginning of Sept until now, it’s basically been ranging with a slight bias short between .9500 and .9000. Do you just take note of that and wait for it to take a steeper decent, or do you ever go with it just knowing that it won’t be one of your bigger wins?

I was just in a USDCHF short that for stopped out today. There was a short inside bar candle, and the next day, there was an impressive break out.

People fear long candles because they think they missed the move. And perhaps they did when they are fishing for small pips.

But I prefer the long ones because that’s telling me that either the bulls or the bears had their say, and it starts to create momentum to kick off a trend.

As for USDCHF now, my bias is still short. So I won’t be taking any long orders until that changes. If it begins to head back down, I won’t necessarily jump right back in either.
Today was a pretty long bull candle. People kept chatting about news today so the move might correct itself, but it might just be a retracement before it continues on its way.

In the end, what I think is irrelevant. It’s going to do what it’s going to do. I just want to make sure I can stand to reap some profits regardless of what it does.