The Forex Portfolio - How to Gain Consistent Profits by Staying in the Market 24/7

Well it looks like you guys are having a blast here :smiley:

As you might already know, I trade a very similar approach, the main difference is that I use a SL when entering a trade. I watch same 28 pairs plus USD/MXN and Gold.

Market Structure??? what is that??? it sounds like name a sad losing trader/mentor made up :smiley:

May be it is Trend Analysis in the Dow Theory… something that has been around like 100 years :slight_smile:

That’s a mouthful :-D. Whatever we call it. It works and in glad I’ve found it. I’ve entered SLs also. And if price ever moves 200 pips in my favor ill move SL to break even. No point in losing on a trade that’s moved 200 pips in my favor. But I will stay in the position until I get stopped out at BE or I’m ready to go long.

Hey if I’m forever to be remembered as “the ICT supporter” can I at least be “the non crazy or overly enthusiastic ICT supporter”?

Yunny, for whatever it’s worth, you have my vote for current top BP trading teacher / mentor / all round nice guy fellow. But many of the methods work, such as market structure. Btw… I was thinking about how much your approach reminds me of the market maker patterns. I have no doubt that what you have to teach will make me better, as has this thread in a couple of ways as has he who shall not be named thanks to several things including market structure, etc

I’m thinking about adding. EVERY pair oanda has lol. Although I can’t trade gold yet. Stupid Dodd frank.

also market structure is larry williams concept and michael gives credit in his video’s. And it’s different from trend analysis in dow theory which i have read. Again if everyone would watch the video’s your comments would be a lot more accurate.

Here are my results after week 1 trading this methodology on a demo acct with a beginning balance of $50,000. As you can see, I only took 7 trades this week. The 2 I closed out I probably should’ve shut down a little earlier, but I set a SL and thought they would turn around. Even though those 2 trades went against me, I still showed a modest gain for the week. Overall I think it went well. I’m being a little picky getting into trades and I think I need to take more. I’m very excited about this way of trading. I know some weeks will be better than others, and I’ll even have downright awful weeks, but I can see that overall, I’ll still end up in the green. This seems pretty much idiot-proof…and I’m a proven idiot! I’ll keep posting my results at the end of every week. So far, so good! Let’s keep it up!

[B][U]Open[/U][/B]
AUD/CAD Long @ 1.04368 +88.7 pips $443.96
CAD/CHF Short @ 0.91320 +15.6 pips $73.65
EUR/USD Short @ 1.32738 +83.0 pips $415.15
USD/CAD Long @ 1.00850 +115.9 pips $560.59
USD/CHF Long @ 0.92807 +13.2 pips $71.26
+316.4 pips $1,564.61
[B][U]Closed[/U][/B]
EUR/CAD Long @ 1.34967 -81.9 pips $-401.42
GBP/CHF Short @ 1.41377 -97.4 pips $-524.25
-179.3 pips $-925.67

[B]Account Balance[/B] $49,074.33
[B]Available Equity[/B] $50,638.94
[B]Total[/B] +137.1 pips $638.94

[B][U]Waiting[/U][/B]
AUD/CHF
AUD/JPY
AUD/NZD
AUD/USD
CAD/JPY
CHF/JPY
EUR/AUD
EUR/CHF
EUR/GBP
EUR/JPY
EUR/NZD
GBP/AUD
GBP/CAD
GBP/JPY
GBP/NZD
GBP/USD
NZD/CAD
NZD/CHF
NZD/JPY
NZD/USD
USD/JPY

Hi Guys,

Seems everyone has had a pretty good week all round, keep it up!

On friday, I simply went along and placed some sell orders on the JPY pairs without much thought process, which seem to be against the trend looking at it now doh! Although they are in negative, still not hurting yet. Will monitor early next week for possible chopping.

Thanks to MG for starting this thread and D-pip for his insight on his weekly candle observation, most encouraging.

Here’s my stats:

I been following BabyPips and trading on and off since 2009 - always a spectator here however decided to join BP yesterday just to subscribe to this thread.

MG your approach to trading is how I have been looking at the market for the last few months WITHOUT trading as I have been on and off previously due to time commitments however I have got myself back into a position where I can reenter again full time as of next week.

To see all your guys inputs and logs/advice etc has been very motivational & also a kind of confirmation to myself that my strategy towards selecting my trades & RR in the past has not been so far off the “insane” level as I too myself stay away from any kind of indicators and news as for me personally this has always been more of a complication towards selecting my trades and even at times I was hesitant to open a trade when I could see the signals myself but used to rely on other confirmations beforehand.

Just my piece to say thanks to all.

General information and information in general only makes us more open minded. :57:

Just remember to appropriate your risk properly if you are going to trade more pairs.

Good to hear.

This is lazy and naked trading at it’s finest.

And what beats “finest” !

Im at +812 pips after a little over a week of trading. My Aud shorts kicked my but, but the other trades pulled through nicely. Gbp/Usd is at +440 :59:

It’s been a week of trying things out and getting the feel of things, and i must say that it feels pretty good.

I also took a few Jpy shorts before fridays trading, so you were not alone in your counter trend exploration Ltrader… Lets hope for the best.

Have a nice weekend and I look forward to next weeks trading.

Yes, I have also read “Long-Term Secrets to Short-Term Trading”, and Larry Williams is also a pretty good marketer. That “market structure” LOL is just the same as Trend Analysis with a twist of Bill Williams work on Chaos. Actually the term [B]Market Structure[/B] in the financial world means a totally different thing.

You can tweaked as much as you want, but that “amazing” information has been known for the last 100 years… :smiley:

Ltrader,

I’ve been thinking along the same lines, by simply upping the TFs on the brilliant, straight forward, common sense “monkey see, monkey do” method Nikitafx presented in the first few posts on her thread.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/39634-pure-price-action-dummies.html

It’s simple, easy to follow and across 20-plus pairs I think it could show a very nice [B]“ROT”[/B]( [B]R[/B]eturn [B]O[/B]n [B]T[/B]ime).

PS Thanks Nikitafx! :40:

I creeped up to higher TFs as I cut down on my trade frequencies, hence the changes in TF.

I started realizing that I might get three or four days in a month where the H1 chart whiplashes and gives many false entries, before finally doing what it should do. It requires enormous amount of will power and be very psychologically strong from my part to hold my trades on days like this.

Than there is also the problem of being wrong in reading the price waves, causing losses.

When looking on a month on month basis, I realised that these H1 entries were one of the biggest problems I was having with my trading.

So decided to creep up the time frames.

D- pip, nothing of the trading method is absolutely mine, I just copied what other traders were doing here and there and came up with a mixed platter that suited my psychological make up as a trader.

Mastergunner99

I just want to say thanks for opening this thread. Using the methodology as I understand it has me sitting on +1167 pips in my demo a/c after 10 days.

I am totally new to Forex trading and have found trying to use indicators really frustrating. Felt like I was looking backwards to drive forward. This way feels so much more natural.

It’s good reading the thread and seeing others contributions too.

Thanks to all.
Kiwiman:)

You are welcome.

You just saved yourself years of frustration trying to figure out which combination of indicators was the holy grail.

Another stop loss example.

Price dropped and I wasn’t having it. After that long candle if it kept going down I was outta there. Price could have even went back up just to fall back again and that was no good either.

I put my stop ten pips below the low of that candle which would lock in a few pips profit.

Any questions?

How did you arrive at this idea of one unit per dollar - rather than say 1% of equity or whatever? because units of different pairs have varying value do they not? and does this matter to you?
I like the idea of it, seems kind of ‘organic’ in some way!

Yes, the different values will vary, but I wanted simplicity. I arrived at it, because it was low enough of risk to support 30+ pairs at once and the calculation was simple.

I prefer minimal effort provided my edge is maintained. At times, I dabble with ideas but I rarely make a move that complicates things.

Not to be a negative Ned or Debbie downer but you’re trading 28 pairs, I wouldn’t calculate gains/losses in terms of pips. I think what really matters is your DD and percent gained/lost as well as equity to a lesser degree being that the profit/loss isn’t confirmed. It’d be interesting to see how much percentage gain on your account 1167 pips is. Either way congrats on having a good start with this methodology