The Forex Portfolio - How to Gain Consistent Profits by Staying in the Market 24/7

Crazy bullish pinbar so far. If days closes like that of would be looking to get into a bullish position.[/QUOTE]Not that anybody asked me, but – what the heck: my bias on USDCHF has been Bearish, and I’ve been waiting for it to close below the 61.8% retracement around 0.9248 before going Short.

However, if it manages to break up above resistance and 100% retracement around 0.9386 – which, incidentally happens to be the 38.2% “intermediate-term” downtrend retracement (from the July 24, 2012, high around 0.9971) – that would seem to signal a Bullish reversal and I’ll be looking to go Long.

I would just like to say I love everyone here. Cha! Ching!

Your commentary is always welcome.

Yeah my equity is taking off today. The pound is taking over the job the yen had the last couple months.

for me its the eur. i wanted sooo bad to put on some gbp positions.

Its too late to jump on the GBP/USD bandwagon i guess? Even though the gap down has been filled, the next target would be 1.42350?

I feel like i cant short it as i would be risking 500-600 pips :frowning: Guess i need to wait for a big enough retrace if that is ever going to happen.

Ok so my fiber short has moved 200 pips in my favor. 250 at its greatest today. Sits at 220 now. I’ve placed a SL. My entry was at 1.3337 and I’ve placed my SL at 1.3317. No use in having price go 200 pips in your favor and then losing on it. Also this is my way to satisfy my own greed. Now not only can I not lose but I will make 20 pips. Measly but trading 28 pairs those 20 pips will add up.

Ill also be taking some profit at 1.30

Yeah, waiting for a retracement would be a good idea. There’s no telling when it hits bottom otherwise.

Kinda cool when something so simple works out so well.

sorry I made a mistake on the numbers only 6% oops but still happy happy

PS The 10% included last weeks 4% gain. I’m flipping back and forth between two sub-accounts and I’m all confused. :56:

What are your take profit requirements?

I knew it. You were a scam all along. :stuck_out_tongue:

Damned if I know… today when I saw EUR/JPY fall out of bed I just hit the Oanda FxPlay “close all positions” button.

This portfolio style method is new to me. And I really don’t know how I want to handle taking profits.

Let them run as mg99 does? Take profit at 60% 70% of the weekly or monthly ATR? Fixed amounts or %? I really don’t know?

My look at USDCHF chart, please post your own as well so i can see what i am doing right / wrong.

Imageshack - usdchfs.jpg

Just as long as they outweigh the losers, it doesn’t matter.

Ugh…are those Heiken Ashi bars?..if so, for starters use basic candlesticks charts :slight_smile:

I’m a [B]big scam [/B]and really f-ed up on that post, didn’t delete it fast enough… oops.

The 6% wasn’t even using my previous weekly candle strat. :56:

It was with a modified strat using the weekly for trend direction. Then the daily bars for entries… oops!

I’m running two slightly different strats on sub-accounts, 2x 20+ pairs = brain fog.

I have to say, this portfolio style of trading has my head spinning with endless possibilities….

Yeah my acct is loving the struggles of the EUR, GBP, and CAD. I do have one question though and I’d like to hear anyone and everyone’s thoughts. I broke MG’s rule and looked at the weeks news outlook. Word on the street is Bernanke’s economy speech will be dovish. With these large initial gains with the USD, anybody thinking about sealing in some profits ahead of that since it could effect those pairs so much? I’m trying so hard to not count my pips before they’re realized, but it’s hard when it’s so far in the green!

The Heiken Ashi bars are still printing white, meaning the trend is still up, right?

If you’re going to use the Heiken Ashi bars wait for the color to change to red, then go short. :slight_smile:

Taking profit is an art. Could I be more efficient with it? Probably. I’m also pretty lazy with this methodology. Provided I maintain my edge, I don’t care to refine it. Some days I catch inspiration to toy with it, but it’s generally short lived.

The moral of my risk management is to reduce risk by diversity. In taking profit, do so where you know you are beating out your losses. So if you have it in your head that you will always peel off some profits, you should be doing the same for your losers.

I rarely hear of anyone ever scaling out of a losing position. People do that with winners all the time, however.