The Forex Portfolio - How to Gain Consistent Profits by Staying in the Market 24/7

I’ve given this a lot of thought, and [I]I’ve decided not to hijack this thread[/I] by distorting the original MG99 Methodology. Discussing how this methodology can be changed, or combined with other techniques, would amount to hijacking the thread — especially if those techniques involve indicators, which violate the basic concept presented in this thread.

Shawn (Mastergunner99) has built this methodology on —

[I][B]finding trend-following swing trades on naked charts[/B][/I]
— and I think we should leave it that way.

The things I have added into the methodology, in my own trading, are not necessary for trading it successfully. In fact, those things could make it more difficult for new traders to master the methodology in its simplest form.

From some of the comments appearing in this thread, it’s apparent that many new traders struggle with (1) identifying trends early enough to capture trend-following opportunities, (2) entering trades at levels which minimize large early draw-downs, and (3) managing open positions to optimize exits.

Those things are basic to successfully navigating [I]individual swing trades,[/I] without regard to any portfolio considerations. I’ve said before, and it bears repeating, that successfully trading [I]a portfolio of swing-trade positions[/I] depends first on being able to successfully trade [I]individual swing-trade positions.[/I]

OK. I understand and agree with your rationale (in fact, recall I told you it was just an idea for your consideration).

Thanks for your reply and previous answers to my several questions.

Hi Clint,

I’ve been reading this thread for a while now and I think I know what MG99’s methodology is trying to tell us and it is awesome but just like you said you should master individual trades before actually applying this methodology. You advised to first try to read about the Three Ducks strategy which I believe is great, however, I am not really sure how to apply this together with MG99’s methodology because the actually entry point is at the M5 TF. I think dpip or medisoft did mention something about modifying it to a long term version when they said something about using 10 SMA for D1 and 60 SMA for H4. Can you confirm if you are doing the same approach? or could you at least tell me how you apply the Three Ducks strategy? I think that is the only missing ingredient I need to be able to improve. I think MG99 and all of you guys who contributed in this thread are AMAZING. It is just sad to what a happen a while back when a lot of the people in this thread got wiped out. I believe they missed understand something about MG99 strategy. I would appreciate your comment CLINT or anybody out there who still believe in this method like me.

But be careful, I don’t think there has been any long term evidence that shows MG99’s 20+plus pair portfolio concept can outperform a carefully picked watch list of the most current & active trending pairs.
Can you tell me which currency pairs work for you every time you apply this methodology?

Wow! interesting read

Interesting thread MG

Is it somehow possible to get the picture from this post? Or is it long gone. It is some time ago I know, maybe you’re not active anymore. I have started to read the whole thread, but is certainly not finished yet :slight_smile:

That is the major problem;thread starters disappear when their thread is becoming real 5-star!