The Hot Dog Leg System (20 PIP EuroDollar Scalper)

Potential reversal setup at 1.3380ish on the EURUSD, on this strategy.

I don’t believe what I’ve just done, it was looking like an OK setup, medium impact news, so since the EUR Factory orders were positive I decided it would be a trade.

It wasn’t was it, it was USD Factory Orders, must learn to read :slight_smile: , but that is the kind of setup that works.

Hello,

Your graphic (in your previous post) is not showing up so I don’t know what you’re talking about.

HOWEVER: this ‘dog leg’ theory has been bugging the hell out of me since you first pointed it out and it only occurred to me TODAY what I was looking at and what I’d possibly seen before somewhere (or more likely I THOUGHT I was understanding you but was actually seeing something different that I was quite familiar with but couldn’t quite ‘finger’ until today and then only because I’m using the ‘phenomenon’ to try to catch some nice very low risk but early shorts on the some of the indices)!!! LOL!!! Ever heard of the Turtle’s??? LOL!!! Well there are another two trading systems by Cathy Lien and Boris Schlossberg called ‘Turtle Soup’ and ‘Turtle Soup Plus One’. Essentially: they capitalise on the false breakouts that ‘plagued’ (their words not mine) the Turtle’s and that is what I’ve been ‘seeing’ (I even posted a nice chart of USD/TRY the other day for you on my ‘spread thread’ but I don’t think you saw it and quite frankly at the time, while I was making the notes for you on the chart, it never occurred to me what I was trying to point out to you until today as I say). Anyway: I thought you may be interested is all.

Regards,

Dale.

Edit:

Ignore my comment about the graphic not showing up i.e. it’s there now.

So - if a breakout has a dogleg beneath/above it, is it much more likely to be false?

Ah HAH!!! I SEE!!! My answer would have to be ‘yes’ then!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

I think I now a song about that :smiley:

I can see clearly now the rain has gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s going to be a bright, bright sunshiny day

I think I can make it now the pain has gone
And all of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I’ve been praying for
It’s gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day

Look all around there’s nothing but blue skies
Look straight ahead nothing but blue skies

I think I can make it now the pain has gone
And all of the bad feelings have disappeared
I can see clearly now the rain has gone
It’s gonna be a bright, bright
Sunshiny day

it is also a good decision to do 15 min chart with CCI. it is powerfull if any one use this with macd.:smiley:

No it’s not, that is total rubbish, I use one indicator because it shows a summary of what’s on the chart, other than that don’t waste your time with indicators, MACD is probably one of the worst indicators you can use, CCI is just as useless, read the price action.

‘HE’ lives!!!

Good morning.

And how are you this fine day???

Regards,

Dale.

Remydied, well remedied, how’s you down there?