The IcYcLoUd TrAdInG SySteM

How much room do you give the T/S? Setting it too tight might lead to a quick 10 pip retrace which has happened to me once when I set a 10pip SL. How wide do you leave it?

Markoc,WAY TO GO!

I am too much a newbie and your explainations are great. I had confirmed also that a 30 min time frame is best. I sometimes jump to the 1M to see if I can catch the PSAR outside the BB before it shows up on the 30M Chart. But as you know the 1st PSAR outside the BB is very voltile until the corresponding candle closes. The Original thread ask to follow a 4H timeframe which I don’t believe works for my strategy of taking small pips at a constant rate.

As for the zip file posted by TheRumpled one, I downloaded it but could not open. Not sure if it is the Operating System or his Attachment. In any case, still researching to find an EA to get the alarms and/or buy/sell signals to trade without watching the market on minute to minute basis.

I have the bb, PSAR, ADX, and stoch on default settings. Are yours the same?

MasterIllegal: I don’t have a Gann Hilo Indicator. Do you have a file you can attach so I can also test in my demo account?

Thanks guys for the input…lets make this work!

Soul786,
I set my Stop loss at 40-50 pips. I look back at least 4 ours to see what the high and low are and base it on that as well. Some testers are recomending you leave it open. It all depends on your strategy and money management. Be comfortable but don’t loose the farm.

I’ll give it a shot on the 30M charts. I tried the 15 without much luck as the dot flipped on me after starting where I figured the entry should be.

Will continue to test. I’ll post my next trade and would appreciate if comments were made on it whether it’s a good one or not/how or why not to take the trade.

Thanks.

just woke up and happy to find that both my AUDUSD and EURGBP had take profit of 10 pips.

AUDUSD takes around 5 hours 40 mins to get the 10 pips which i think is not very good as it takes so long just to get 10 pips.
EURGBP takes 1 hours 45 mins to get the 10 pips which i think is still ok.

WOuld try to fine tune it… thanks

Hi soul, as promised, attached are some of the trades that i have make with just Gann Hilo and PSAR. Please note that i will reference to M30 TF before i enter. Hence, i have attached both M15 and M30.

Let me know if there is any problems.

I started looking at this method about a year ago, but i let it fall by the wayside due to lack of time. What is great about this method is that its really simple for a programmer to backtest, and determine its real capacity. I have not done so, as im not a programmer, but if any of you guys are and do, i would love to see the results!

hi erica, what method u mean? with indicators, BB, PSAR, ADX and volume?

I think our guys here will do what ever they can to help our members here… we are out to earn some hard cash@!

Well, originally the method called for BB, PSAR, however, i did find and i have seen that others have too that ADX can fine tune this method somewhat. I dont know anything about volume. The goal is always to backtest what seems to be working and see that there is a viable future in a method.

Many methods cannot be back tested as they rely quite heavily on PA and the trader’s view of the prevailing PA. A method that integrated solely indicators such as this one can be back tested very easily (for a programmer) It can be fine tuned in terms of SL, TSL and potential TP with backtesting results showing us numbers that we can work to dissect and improve on.

From my signal… i just did a short for EURUSD @ 1.4942. Aim for 10 pips profit with no SL. Hope for the best.

Please note that i am still testing it with a demo account… thanks

I’m watching the same move and placed a trade at 1.49422 as well.

We’ll see where it goes. For you to place the trade, what criteria was met for it to be a valid short entry? Just want to see how others see what I see :stuck_out_tongue:

lol… great man think alike.

For me, as u know my indicators are only Gann Hilo and PSAR. So when 15M TF created the signal, i will reference to 30M TF and see whether is it the same trend. If it is, i will enter…

Open trades at the moment:

EURUSD SHORT @+8pips
AUDUSD SHORT @+2pips

I’ve elected to try trailing stops of 10pips with the trades to lock in profits and let them run if hit.

lol… great man think alike.

For me, as u know my indicators are only Gann Hilo and PSAR. So when 15M TF created the signal, i will reference to 30M TF and see whether is it the same trend. If it is, i will enter…

Sounds good! I added the volumes to my charts but am not too familiar with them. Right now their like decorations :slight_smile:

just did a short for AUDUSD @ 0.9236 for which i aim for 10 pips profit with no SL.

Hi Bro soul, think we are on the same track and we post at the same time… lol

Anyway my EURUSD just close trade with 10 pips profit.

Now left for my AUDUSD…

As for the daily chart, i will post on the other thread…

I entered one more short entry for NZDUSD @0.7452 for this. i only set take profit for 5 pips as the trend had been there for some time. Hope i get it.

Going for training later, so wont be able to go online until around 6 to 7 hours later.

AUDUSD and EURUSD both closed for a quick +10pips each.

For some reason my TS’s have stopped kicking in. Wonder why. Missed the entry with the NZDUSD but will keep an eye on it for interests sake.

When these signals come up its great, quick pips especially if a more than one signal per chart a day.

yes! my AUDUSD closed trade with 10 pips TP.

Now pending NZDUSD with pending -10 pips.

Also traded and made 8 pips on erusd in 20 minutes ( missed my buy for the additional 2 pips and another buy pending on erusd…

Looks like the system works.:smiley: Still testing on my demo account. Nice to see we are all on the same page.

NZDUSD was another winner. Just closed with +4pips. Was using a 3pip TS just to see why it wouldn’t work haha.

3 for 3 so far for me on the small TPs.