The IcYcLoUd TrAdInG SySteM

I noticed that this system does work effectively, but the trick is that you have to get in on the first dot that appears outside the bands, or else you miss the initial trend…i had tried to get in on one after the fact and it didnt turn out too well…im gonna see if i can send an alert to my phone notifying me when to buy or sell when the dot appears…hopefully i can set it up like that…it would be much more convenient. Ive raised my account $500 following this system since last week, and i even missed out on a couple…hopefully all works out for the best.

…interesting observation, my own thoughts were that price often retraces from the appearance of the first dot, I was considering the merit of waiting for the pullback and then the resumption of the move before entry…

Interesting you should say that Cowaboi, my observation also

…a couple of EUR/USD examples.

i noticed that the times that i had enterd late the dots had already appeared inside the bands…i guess thats why i missed the initial trend or the drop or jump in price.

thanks for the observation guys.

So that means that your trade will start in the negative, and climb to positive after the retracement i presume

Sorry new to trading and just want some input from the more experienced traders…Thanks!

…hope this chart explains more clearly.

sorry guys… i have notice one things in this system in this forward testing period. AFTER a major Thrend which result in profit, the market would be in range period. During this period, Dun go for trades no matter where the PS dot appears.

An average waiting period would be the 3rd PS dot if it appears below BB.

Again a picture tells a thousand words. The waiting period i would says an average of 2-3 PS dots.

Sorry, if u guys dun understand my english cause singapore is not my main language from me. Sorry guys again… the 1st entry is short instead of long.
My aplogised

Best Reg

Chin Liang

sorry icycloud i just wanna verify…you mean that you only enter on the second or third set of psar dots that appear above or below the bb’s? do u only trade if the psar dots are the same as the main trend or does that matter?

Something to remember in your testing. If you’re backtesting this system, the dot for the SAR occurs in the middle of the current bar somewhere. Meaning, you just can’t use the open or close during your backtesting because the SAR dot occurs somewhere near where price reaches the dot. If forward testing your recognize that and can take the trade once the dot appears, if that is the way you chose to execute it.

I still trade the 1st set of PS dot that appears outside the BB. From my testing period, i notice that once a major trend ends, the market will be in range which the PS dot will be kinda useless. During ranging period, the average waiting period is 2nd or 3rd SET of PS dot IF it appears outside of BB.

Hope that helps

Best Reg
Chin Liang

here’s another trade of GBP/USD

Recently, there’s a whipsaw… cause of ranging market… anyway, we will cut our losses short and let profit runs… issit it? :slight_smile:

Again, a picture tells a thousand words.

Best Reg
Chin Liang

Hey Icy,

Thank you for this, i have been backtesting it on USD/JPY recently and have had some very good success…all the way down to the 30Min chart!

Although, if things continue to go well i won’t go any lower than 3hr (I don’t have 4hr on Oanda).

Anyway, i like the look of this, one of the best systems i have seen so far . .

Thanks for posting it.

:slight_smile:

Lets say you go long if the first PSAR dot stars below BB bands and you ride the trend. So you close the trade when the first PSAR dot appears opposite of your trend. Will you lose some profits after doing this? And i guess the shorter the trend the more profit you lose after having to get out? thanks

That will have to depends… on average there is a small loss from the peak of trend to the oppsite when the opposite PS dot appears. Rarely, there are times when a major news breaks whiches causes the PS dot appear in oppsite direction, u will suffered a big loss from your profits.

Best Reg
Chin Liang

icycloud, have you had any success with other pairs other than the major ones?
Do you close out your positions at the end of the week?

Has anyone coded an EA for this system? If so, post it so we can have a look and work on it together.

Hi Icycloud,

I newbie in FX. I found your system so simple. but we have to wait for the parabolic SAR to be out of BB. Normally its takes time rite ?
do you have any suggestion to catch the first parabolic SAR without keep waiting in front of computer ?

Hope can get hint from others. how to set alert that can inform us when there is first pSAR outside the BB.

Thanks,
MS

EUR/JPY GBP/JPY is almost the same as majors but they are quite volite… so be careful when dealing with them.

If my trades is still valid on friday, i would still carry on till the 1st PS dot appears on the opposite side.

Best Reg
Chin Liang

Hi steve, pipfirst

I dont have any codes for this system yet… I’m a computer kinda idiot :slight_smile:
[U]Actually[/U] you need to get in on the first dot that appears but [U]usually[/U]you would miss that timing, so [U]apparently[/U]you can enter on the 2nd or 3rd dot if the price difference is not that great. Because this is a mid-long term trades unless scalping where every pips counts. That is why i develop a “part time” system where u no need to sit on front of a computer!

Best reg
Chin Liang

HI Icy,

Thanks for your reply.

Btw, I try now on EUR/JPY, seem already almost late… enter in 5 dots… so I just let it until next the opposite dot rite ?
Seem I worry little bit since its show minus amount ?? although its virtual one… he he he.

Could you advise if we just let it as long its not opposite pSAR ?

Normally its take how many days ? since I sell EUR/JPY for sure I get swap.

Pls adv

Thanks,
Monalisa