The importance of being organized

To trade, I first need to set goals. Success is never possible without goals. Goals need to be set through so many plans and disciplines.

Being organized knowing what you have to look for in trading can be very good idea, but the question arise - How do you maintain to stay organized and how does it actually work?

@Kathlyn_Pollich Setting goals is useless without a plan and a will to persistently work over them. Almost all the traders set goals but not everyone achieves them because working consistently requires patience. Therefore, I believe that following a plan is what makes us organized.

Thanks for the time for sharing! Really nice post!

There is a lot of good advice here / real life example of what Mark Douglas has written.
However please don’t take this the wrong way - there are nothing but positive responses on this form so let me be the contrarian.
The bit that doesn’t add up to me is that you mentioned risking up to 6% of your account per day for an average monthly return of 1% per month. You talk about trading cautiously- but to me a 6% daily risk for a 1% monthly return sounds very risky not cautious at all. For 6% daily risk (which is a lot) I would hope for a much better monthly return. I think 1% is achievable at a much lower daily risk.

Thanks for the advise. I have just got into trading and I am finding discipline a must.

This is excellent and timely. It does hit different but good. Thanks.

This is some of the best advice a person can have

Being organized is a valuable skill, especially as a foreign exchange trader. It can improve physical and mental productivity and concentration in a day’s trading. Contrary to seeing confusion and distraction, being organized can inspire a more optimistic and focused mindset.

Forex trading is a craft that requires a certain degree of discipline. Not only must you follow a set of trading rules, you must also be able to keep an eye on the prizes. This is what experienced traders call self-discipline.

This is the true way of forex. 8 years of demo… :+1: and many of the newbies thinks that a couple of months are enough and they`re going directly on a live.

You have got a very good point here. Being organised plays an important role in all aspects of life. Same applies to Forex trading too. Some people do overtrading and then get confused with all the trades. A person should start with one trade at a time and then increase the number of trades only to a certain limit in a given time.

I just mentioned this on some other thread that it is better to take break as continuous trading can exhaust your analytical abilities which eventually harms the decisions you make while trading. Rest is important.

The importance of being organized in trading is tough to underestimate. Everything depends on how you organize yourself before the trading day or week. Actually, I believe that it matters a lot mainly because it affords you to concentrate on trading activity and stay motivated. Due to these things you will be able to gain skills and knowledge in trading and it will be quite difficult for you to leave it as soon as you lose your money. The vast majority of traders leave trading because of overtrading or their emotions let them down. Guess that if all traders would learn how to organize themeselves, it will be easier for them to earn money.

It’s a huge advantage/bonus to been organised for effective trading.
Journaling have economic/fundamental ready technic analysis down with price alerts set your ready to go

Being organized in trading will help you to become a better decision maker.

There should be a disciplined way of trading because it creates anarchy in trading otherwise. Trading routine should not be adorned in such a manner that it creates burden in some days and relief some other days. Rather there should have a balance. That’s why organized trading is preferred.

If you are in the habit of staying organized, your trades will automatically be organized according to your trading plan. That’s it!

Discipline in trading is absent in the trading of many traders. So, it creates chaos in their trading. This is the reason they are struggling but having no outcome. It’s a lesson to the newcomers of the industry. They should devote their time in learning that ultimately helps them in building discipline in their trading.

Someone who is organized is naturally inclined to practice habits that promote productivity, tidiness, and structure. This is for efforts towards both physical and mental conditions. With strategy and thoughtfulness in mind, an organized person will keep things in order and in their right place.
Whether for optimal usage or for easy reach, a person who is more organized in their day-to-day actions would prefer this systematic way of working and living. This means making sure everything is properly set up and sorted out in its designated area for optimal utilization. Aside from the physical aspects, being organized also means being able to achieve more mental clarity and structure. The act of systematizing can influence a trader’s thought-process, productivity, and efficiency, especially while working on everyday tasks.