The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

When looking for a bias long or short how much did the divergence b/w cable and fiber yesterday come into your analysis? I did not put on a trade but I see some thoughts regarding take a fiber short because they thought it would follow suit. Shouldn’t it have been a strong signal if fiber held tight while cable went down to make better buying opportunity for smart money? It seems like if we saw a comparable divergence on the 5m or 15min we definitely would have looked for a correction up? no?

Just curious if anyone had these thoughts.

The funny thing is, I spotted bearish divergence on the 5 minute at LO.
Took a short and it immediately turned against me, so I jumped out after 10 pips drawdown.
It was a dumb trade, but when I saw divergence I felt sure about it.
I guess thats why you have to have many confluences.

ICT, are you actually trading and keeping track of a $1000 accout with this journey? I couldn’t really tell what you were trading with but it looked like a hugh account since with in a couple minutes it looked like you were up 250 dollars.

Personally I was hoping you would trade a $1000 account to give me something to compare my journey against.

Was just curious, will also be nice to hear from you again soon, haven’t seen much out of you since you got back.

Trading live now for 3 weeks and was down and now break even. Made 2 mistakes early on which cost me 4% but I recovered quickly. I only take about 2 trades a week on average as I wait for a specific setup to present itself. I see a real nice possibility for a short if all lines up tomorrow on the cable during LO at around the 1.5760 level. Keeping a eye on this one.

Looking forward to learning soz for the out of place post lol. I’m Ben btw.

An indicator I like to use for Asian range.
It can be found on FF, Do a google search.

2012-02-24_0455 - prochargedmopar’s library

Guys,I need some help.Please bear with me for a minute.I want to adjust perfectly the Asian session because my fib doesn’t work properly sometimes.I’ve seen that Michael sets its Asian range from 0:00 to 5:00.However I don’t know if his mt4 platform is set to standard gmt (london time).Mine as I see is set to gmt+1 becauase my other platform is gmt because right now i see the last candle on 1hr chart shows 13:00 when if i want the gmt time should be 12:00.Can you tell me what the time frame for Asian range is using gmt(london time) , so i can correctly set it up?
Thanks in advance!

The time you have is correct, from 0:00 to 5:00
So for you it should be 1:00 to 6:00 because you are gmt +1

Hmmm, so does anyone know what happened to ICT? Seems he has disappeared :o

EDIT: Nevermind… :slight_smile:

Don’t mean to blow my own horn or anything, but I am particularly happy with my trade today! :smiley: Bought at 1.3359 and still have a portion running from 1.3290 :stuck_out_tongue:

I went straight from manually back testing historical data getting comfortable with certain setups and “paper trading” to a live account this month. The most important thing I noticed which I need to work on is sticking to my plan (we’ve all heard that one before… but there is good reason). I would have taken less trades and limited my losses. There are cases where it paid off to do so but I think for now this is a bad habit to have for somebody who is still new to this. There is a advantage to being nimble and adjusting to what unfolds but I don’t have enough experience yet to feel comfortable doing so.

My 5k live account which I started with is sitting at -3.2% presently (9 trades, 3 Wins, 6 losses). Not very happy how I performed so far on my 1st month as it doesn’t reflect my previous 6 months of results manually back testing data. I was planning to add additional funds to my account but will only do so if I have a profitable month and am satisfied with my results.

Does this mean you never demo traded with live data prior to going live with real money?

Wow…I’m a risk taker, but I’ve been demoing since November (profitable every month) and just now starting to feel like I should go live. And when I do, it will be with 1K initially. This demo experience since November has been very enjoyable…Discovered Forex back in 2008. And blown up way too many demo accounts to attempt to count. It’s nice to see a balance grow systematically over months instead of my usual spike up occasionally, with a crash down to $0.

Thanks for the advice. I have a game plan in mind and need to stick to it :slight_smile:

I definitely won’t be adding funds if I don’t feel like I am consistently profitable.

Your are definitely on your way to consistency and growth. Nice job as always.

On my side, that’s correct … I never demo traded except for a few trades to make sure I am familiar with how to manage my trades using the broker I deal with. It might seem like high risk but I really don’t feel that this is the case. I really believe that this 1st month so far is not indicative to how I would normally perform. Time and future results will either prove me right or wrong …

The months not over yet :slight_smile:

If this is the case, all depends on how much I lose. If it is below 10%, I won’t change anything in terms of risk management and obviously won’t add additional funds. If it is above 10%, I may probably stop and reassess my game plan.

This 1st month would have been profitable so far if I didn’t make certain mistakes which had cost me over 6%. I clearly noted them in my trading log and will not repeat them (game plan). If I however keep making the same mistakes do to lack of discipline and patience then I will stop trading all together.

Yea I agree with the plan of only starting with a couple of hundred or a fraction of the full.amount you intend to trade with…if you can’t build up money off of $500…you probably won’t be able to with $20,000
(I’m speaking in general terms, not.about anyone specific )

This is a big hurdle that I will also face if the account grows and I’m sure alot of folks will also be dealing with as well. It’s one thing to be profitable with a small account and another to replicate the same when running with a large account.
A 2% loss on a 200k account is 4k. Can we all honestly say that taking 3-4 losing trades in that scenario won’t shake us ?

I recall ICT mentioning in one his videos that he became accustomed early on in his trading career dealing with huge swings based on how he traded.

Gotta love the smart traders and their relentless ingenuity, they took the euro bears to the slaughter all week, yet always kept them interested in an impending short, which looked like the right trade probably most of the week :stuck_out_tongue: SLY!

Yeah. After Wednesday nyo, I changed from a short bias to long. The Greece “bailout” started coming to light and realized there are likely few sellers out there. Commercials increased longs perlast weeks cot. And hedgers increased shorts. Too many people short for it not to go up was my thinking.

Wed gu had a big drop to a prior sr level while eu stayed flat. Saw that as accumulation. They didn’t need more sellers onthe eu. They were there. They needed some sellers on gu, dropped the price, the zoom zoom up.

Weekly update

A decent week. 1.9%. 6 trades. Won 2, lost 4. The first 2 trades I lost was due to entering trades before I left for work in the morning and couldn’t manage appropriately. I wanted to close one early, and cancel the other…but was having laptop issues at work and couldn’t. If I was on a live account, I would have called the broker, or called my wife and had her close them out. But taking credit for the losses even though I know if I was live I wouldn’t have lost them.

Also, another loss, as I said yesterday, had the direction and bias right Just entered a little early. Stop was hit by 3 pips, then raced in my direction.

So…1.9% return this week. And 3 losers that I’m OK with. Only 1 trade was wrong that I had the bias completely off or didn’t react to the market correctly.

updated picture. Incorrectly had last weeks initially.