The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

First “Explosive Forex” entry.

Entered on Tuesday with OTE, Pivot, 1.5700 and confirmed on stochastic and divergence between the EURUSD and GBPUSD pairs.

In the london open on a tuesday with a daily downtrend and 4 hourly downtrend determined by looking at the fractal breaks downward. So left part of the trade open for the entire week as the video explained that tuesdays are often the weekly high/low of the weeks move.

I see why you named it explosive.

Well, its time for my end of month results since I won’t trade NFP tomorrow:

+0.9% after 18 trades

Not happy at all how this month turned out but it is all on me. I tried to incorporate new strategies which ate up all my profits and triggered some overtrading as well. Here is what I took away from this month:

• I took a few trades on what I “perceived” was a good setup but going against some of my own set of rules which paid off. I noticed this happen when I started making profit thinking I was smarter than I was. This led me to do it again a few more times and it did not pay off. Basically, the market gave me a nice spanking putting me back in my place. [U] Plan the trades and trade the plan only[/U].

• Its definitely more stressful trading with 30k than 10k but I adapted well. I will continue trading with 30k next month and won’t move up until I can show a reasonable profit and my trading is consistent.

In summary, this month was nothing but easy but I have grown from the experience and gladly did not take a loss in the process. I know better what to do and what not to do as well as learned more about my psychology trading with a larger account. I will review my trades for this month and prepare my plan for next month this weekend.

I hope everyone else had a great month and look forward seeing your results.

I’m done for the month as well. After some very poor trading at the end of April, I took the first couple of weeks off in May from live trading, and watched ICT videos. I’m finishing the month with a couple of solid weeks exceeding the 1.5% weekly target and netting 4.15% for May. Am back to performing top down analysis every time I sit down to trade.

There are a couple of early ICT vidoes that teach S/R (noting time frame and session h/l’s) and Market flow (identifying highs and lows) that when used with Fibs, really gives a solid baseline to start out with. Add to that COT, Traders Trinity, SMT and concepts like Judas, etc, and we have some really powerfull tools.

I cant wait to see how my trade did that I took this week before loosing my internet. I just found out it is back on. I guess my idea to short the Aussie paid off even though I have had a trade floating out there in cyber space the markets been heading in the right direction all week. Another one shot one kill even though it was not planned. Thanks tropical storm Beryl.

Man o man what a week. Three beautiful picture perfect Cable shorts spotted throughout the week which would have had me pulling in beaucoup pips! This week’s total however: 0 pips

It was frustrating watching three trades that I wanted to get in pass me by only to move 100+ pips each time. Just couldn’t pull the trigger. First one was at the beginning of the week and with Monday being the holiday, I told myself I would not trade the holiday. Second trade I believe was Wednesday NYO (sorry no charts in front of me) with a sweet OTE from the London session high. This was the most frustrating one for me as I don’t know and can’t remember why I did not enter. I think because I was rushing to work in AM. Third trade…today. Cable dropped soooo much the last two weeks how could it possibly fall again, right? Lol.

All was not lost though. I did learn a lot and/or reinforced good trading practices and I didn’t even have to lose any money :slight_smile: . First of all trust your analysis, cause it’s with that and only that you will make money with. If it’s not good enough, improve it. Second, it doesn’t matter how far a pair has gone up or down – trade your plan and not what you think will happen! Third, I seem to have pretty good patience, and I know a year ago I would have been chasing these moves. Now I wait for the next train.

So my overall month was i’d have to say great. Not in terms of % ROI on my account, but in terms of my personal trading and what ive learnt…

This first 3 weeks out of this month were consecutive losers… It was a big hit on my ego, as i think even one of the weeks i started well, and end up tanking it near the end… Overall ending the month 3.9% down…

I took somwhere around 15-20 trades this month. By far though, this week has been my best week by far. I really felt myself pull it together and have a very controlled trading strategy this week. This week i only took 2 trades, both winners and helped me recover a lot of previous losses for the month. For me, that says it all just looking at my trading diary. In the month i took double digit trades and ended in losses, but this week i take 2 trades and ending in profit.

Regardless that this was my first month ending negatively after two consecutive profitable months, i really felt like ive learnt a lot this month. I look forward to getting back into it next Wednesday and hope my current mind set stays as it is…

Seems the majority of the market has been trying to pick the bottom too!

See you folks next week :57:

I like that some of you guys post the results for the month/week. It’s nice to know what other people make of ICT’s tools.
Keep em coming guys!
:slight_smile:

everybody can make money in trending markets :eek:

[B]Best week of last 3 months.[/B]

I am done for this week. This asian session took the daily (average) target of 25 pip and this evening NFP is coming and planned not to trade but watch closely for future trading.

Total trade 19
win 15
lose 4
Consecutive win 4
consecutive lose 1
Risk 30-40 pips not over 2%
Equity +12.81%

Still there are too many trade, working to reduce. I had to wait long time to come setup to OTE and it rewarded
greatly. Notable this is my first month, after average study the ICT tools (what ever I found from this forum) and
return is +28.44%. This is my real money account though micro, but I m pleased to dream, when it will be mini or
standard… WOW… $$$$ and $$$$$… LOL. I am really astonished with my result, keeping patience is really
worthy. Seems next mission should be practice of waiting. Thank you Michael you changed my trading life.
Thank you ICT, you really deserve the blessing of God.

Overall for the month I took a pretty bad hit of -15%. I basically broke every rule I had. I think my biggest problems are overtrading, tradeing pairs other than fiber and cable, and discipline. The sad thing is I was in several trades that were right but I lacked the confidence to hold on and got out early. For instance I was in short on cable at 1.5700 and got out after 25 pips, when it went for hundreds. I am going to be on the sidelines for the next week or two and watch some of ICTs videos again and try to get a better grasp on the higher time frame analysis. Plz nobody take this as a negative sign of the tools ICT teaches because they do work, I just dont think I am where I need to be yet. So we will see what happens next month.

i’m not taking a trade today because of NFP but i am still in a trade from Wednesday, i’m looking to exit at 3-4pm, or if my limit order is triggered at 1.5280, which ever happens first, i’ll post a screenshot of my trade to show entries and exit after i’ve closed it.
i’ve taken 2 trades this week, 1 loss and this trade which looks like a decent pip haul.
keep you posted guys, GLGT

Hi everyone,

I’ve been following the thread for a while now. I’ve learnt a lot and taken so much from this thread and the previous that I felt it was my time to give something back.

After all the time I’ve spent doing my market structure analysis and everyday manually noting the intermediate and long-term highs and lows, I finally decided it is time to get an indicator coded (This also comes with working some extra hours this week, so I have a little extra cash:D).

I do plan on sharing this indicator here, but first I would like to get any expanded ideas or criticism on the parameters for the indicator. Here is what I will be sending.

[I][B]ICT Market Structure & Market Flow Indicator[/B]

The first part of this indicator which is what the rest of the indicator will based on is the MT4 Bill Williams fractal indicator but with customizable periods.

I would like the fractals to be shown by the normal arrows as the MT4 indicator, but I want to be able to change the color, size and position above the appropriate bar. I would also like the fractal pattern to have interchangeable periods. The Bill Williams fractal indicator found on MT4 is based on a 5 bar pattern. In this indicators properties I would like to be able to choose between, a 3 bar, 5 bar, 7 bar and a 9 bar pattern. I would only want to see the selected period fractals on any timeframe chart at any one time.

The next part of the indicator is based on the fractal parameters that would be chosen in the above.

Firstly, I would like to identify intermediate term highs and lows. An intermediate term high or low is identified by the following parameters.

• A fractal high with a lower fractal high on both sides of it would be an intermediate term high.
• A fractal low with a higher fractal low on both sides of it would be an intermediate term low.

I would like the intermediate term highs and lows to have separate properties in which I would be able to change the color, position above the appropriate bar, and size of the arrows.

The next part would be Long term highs and lows. A long term high or low is identified by the following parameters.

• An intermediate term high with a lower intermediate term high on both sides of it would be a long term high.
• An intermediate term low with a higher intermediate term low on both sides of it would be a long term low.

I would like the long term highs and lows to have separate properties in which I would be able to change the color, position above the appropriate bar, and size of the arrows.

Lastly, I would like the indicator to show the market flow for any choice of time frames on any chart that you are looking at.

Market flow is based only on the last completed fractal high and fractal low, which would be based on the parameters of the fractal period selected on in the fractal properties. The parameters are as follows.

• When price has traded below the last completed previous fractal low the market flow is bearish until it breaks the last fractal high or any fractal high that forms after it.
• When price has traded above the last completed fractal high the market flow is bullish until it breaks the previous fractal low or any fractal low that forms after it.

For example, let’s say I was looking at the 1 hour chart, I could choose which or all market flows that are to be shown as a text label. This would cover the standard MT4 timeframe charts: 1min, 5min, 15min, 30min, 1hr, 4hr, 1 day, 1 week, and 1 month time periods. This text label would be customizable in the terms of text color, size and where it is on the charts based on x and y distance. The text label would look like something like the following example. This indicator would cleanly align the text if any of the following periods was not selected.

[B]Market Flow[/B]
Monthly - Bearish
Weekly - Bearish
Daily - Bearish
4 hour - Bearish
1 hour - Bullish
30 min - Bullish
15 min - Bullish
5 min - Bearish
1 min - Bearish[/I]

So, what do you guys think? Should be doable? Anything I should add, remove or change? Do you think the parameters are clear enough?

On a side note, one trade this week, cable short, Tuesday London open, Turtle soup / Judas stop raid, SMT divergence, USDX divergence, Mondays Asian range high, pivot sell zone, above Asian range low, 4hr and daily market structure bearish. 100 pips, should have held for weekly range, but can’t complain:18:.

Again, thanks ICT and all contributors.

Hey Praxy

Sound like a great idea, and by reading what youve planned to implement it sounds great, i look forward to getting my hands on it and trying it out!

In terms of changes, i think personally the market structure is spot on, i like how its customizeable per bars / timeframe…

I think one change that could be made though is with the market flow, personally i dont think you’ll need to go as low as anything under the 1H. I dont know, maybe im just speaking from a personal preference, but the lowest i usually go is the 4H, 1H just to get a short term sentiment, but mostly i like the looks of the 4H and upwards… I think anything lower than the one hour will just be too volatile for my liking…

Anyway, like i said, personal preference, go by what the majority finds best on here, just throwing in my 2 cents…

I look forward to trying it… Thank you ! :57:

I agree.

Thanks.

2 trades this week, 1 win, 1 loss.

The loss first, I gave my reasons for going long on Wednesday in my previous post. -25pips

I then went from 2% risk to 1% risk for the next trade

The win, Entry 1.56028, half off at 1.5530 which was 72.6 pips, last target was 15280 which was hit today at 322.8pips

I’ve been trying for 3 weeks to catch a weekly range and it has evaded me till this week, so i’m a happy guy to catch most of the range. Kudos to those that caught it from Tuesday!

i’m not sure how people count their pips but because i took off half of the position i average the two halves to give me the whole position. 72pips plus 322pips divided by two = 197pips
not sure if the screenshot of my trade will work…

Absolute beauty…
Holding for weekly range is next on my to do list!

Kudos! :57:

Instant trade of the week! :stuck_out_tongue: Congrats bro! :smiley:

Lol thanks guys, I don’t think I’ll get trade of the week cause I’m sure someone caught it from Tuesday but I’m still a happy bunny.
On a seperate note, I want to say thanks again to ICT, those weekly reviews are defo helping me get better and everyone who is contributing on the thread.
We are on an amazing journey and I’ll be surprised if I end this journey without making a few millionaire friends, I got my eye on PM and SanJ! I have wanted to say this for a couple weeks now cause you two especially seem to be on the same page as me and I respect the way you guys speak and contribute.

((Group Hugs))) lol

Hi,

Great idea! There are some indicators with familiar ideas to yours, so if you think they could help you (as template perhaps?), let me know and I’ll send it to you.

Used SMT to confirm a trade idea. Went long Cable for an easy 100pips :22:

Check out how Cable calls the STOP raid (1st Column, 2nd Row)

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/techpro89/6-1-20128-45-01AM.png