The mmtt system

I think it’s a variation on mmtt entry. MMTT entry is to look for higher lows to enter long, or lower highs to enter short.
Jaquille is showing the mmtt daily MA but using the 2bar break as an entry, and scalping.

I’m looking at the origianl mmtt, keeping it simple as possible. And also R.Carter’s new strategy wich is very similar to MMTT but looks at higher time frames.

What’s R Carter up to? He’s been kind of quiet in the Boll thread. Has he elaborated on this new strat anywhere?

MMTT calls for price to be above the 2 Period SMMA High or below the 2 Period SMMA low. One price crosses into that area, I will use the M5 2-Bar break out to trigger me into a “MMTT” trade.

The candles dropped below the D1 MA low. The M5 2-Bar break out was good for a 5 pip quick kill.

You could call it a hybrid system. All that matters is the profit.

I get up early finally and there’s no one around. Where is everybody?

Rui has been gone all week…:confused:

I can’t believe I foolishly traded against the trend on several pairs today, including GU and the yens. I need to have my head f—ing examined. I did the same thing on Tuesday and both days I’ve left tons of blood on the floor. It seems I correct one dumb mistake in my trading and the next day it’s another bone-headed move where I do something I [I]already know[/I] I shouldn’t do.

Even though I kept all stops tight, the sheer accumulation of loss trades just slaughtered me. Clearly, you cannot trade this system against the trend, even for a few pips. The constant fakeouts are like “dying the death of a thousand cuts”.

When the market is trending like this I need to only be taking trades back into the channel [I]when they are in the direction of the overall trend[/I], which is very rare. Some days you just can’t trade MMTT.

I included this instruction in the damn PDF, why can’t I follow the instructions myself? :mad:

The good thing is, you know what you did wrong. So you know what to do right.

Yeah, i´m familiar with that feeling. Let me ask you a question: Are you trading a real or demo account?

I have been live since my second month trading. Even though it is only a small micro account (less than $1000) and the monetary losses are not enough to affect my personal life or anything, the feelings of despair and frustration when losses pile up are real. :frowning:

And yeah, Mike, that’s the only thing that will be bringing me back to MMTT next week.

Are most people trading live accounts or demo account here?

Ok,i trade a real account too and i made the same mistakes at the beginning. It helped me a lot to print my rules and put them in the wall and read them everydat before trading. Here are my rules, i share them with you:

• BE FRIEND WITH THE TREND

• DON’T DO REVENGE TRADING

• IS NOT NECESSARY TO TRADE EVERY DAY

• DON’T BE GREEDY

• STOP TRADING FOR THE DAY AFTER 2 LOSSES IN A ROW

• CONTINUALLY SET HIGHER TRADING GOALS.

• NEVER GET INTO THE MARKET BECAUSE YOU ARE ANXIOUS BECAUSE OF WAITING.

• AVOID GETTING IN OR OUT OF THE MARKET TOO OFTEN.

• SPLIT YOUR PROFITS RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE AND NEVER RISK MORE THAN 50% OF THEM AGAIN IN THE MARKET.

• THE KEY TO SUCCESSFUL TRADING IS KNOWING YOURSELF AND YOUR STRESS POINT.

• IF A MARKET DOESN’T DO WHAT YOU THINK IT SHOULD DO, GET OUT.

• EXCEPT IN UNUSUAL CIRCUMSTANCES, GET IN THE HABIT OF TAKING YOUR PROFIT TOO SOON. DON’T TORMENT YOURSELF IF A TRADE CONTINUES WINNING WITHOUT YOU. CHANCES ARE IT WON’T CONTINUE LONG. IF IT DOES, CONSOLE YOURSELF BY THINKING OF ALL THE TIMES WHEN LIQUIDATING EARLY RESERVED GAINS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERWISE LOST.

• BY MAKING THE EXECUTION OF A LOSING TRADE AN AUTOMATIC FUNCTION OF YOUR TRADING STRATEGY, YOU MAKE YOURSELF PSYCHOLOGICALLY AVAILABLE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE NEXT OPPORTUNITY, EVEN IF THAT OPPORTUNITY IS IN THE SAME DIRECTION OF THE LOSING TRADE YOU JUST GOT OUT OF.

For me the most important rule is to be patient. You just have to waitl until the market shows a goog opportunity to trade. Is not an obligation to trade everyday.

Take care! :smiley:

i told you when i start this thread that this is a great system when market is ranging in the dailly chart… but in a trong trend is a killing beast…

the good thing now is that market is only trending less than 30% of the time and if we do everything right the losses are very small compared to the winnings…

forex is a long run not a sprint… what really metters is how much you´ll have made after a year trading a system.

but i need to admitt that february was the worst month since i start with this… i´m still positive in pips but i guess i was lucky for not being trading for real in the last 2 weeks or the results may be very differents.

any way i´m back on business tomorrow with a smaller account that i´m used to… hope yen give us a breack:o

Haha I only started in a week into February with a slight modification of the system and I will say, it’s been quite whipsawish. I’m re-evaluating my stops but I think I’ll ride it out and see it through to the end of the month.

My first week was really good with 237pips in 3 days of trading but this week is FAR off that mark with 31pips and one day left for me to trade.

Can’t be hasty though, it’s a gradual movement to financial freedom I guess :slight_smile: haha

It’s interesting you should say that. After Tuesday’s losses (the worst of which were not MMTT trades), I put up the following across from my desk:

Today I was not revenge trading. Part of MMTT is when a supposed HL/LH turns into a fakeout we must wait and begin looking for another HL/LH to form. I have given myself the rule that in any given day I will not try to find an entry more than three times for any one pair. The problem is that with this system it often takes two or even three tries to get that big winning move back inside the channel.

No, the problem I had today was the simplest one of all: trading against the daily trend – and most of the eight pairs I trade fell into this category. Today only EUR/GBP and AUD/USD could have possibly been the exceptions - and even they did not pan out.

I’m curious, What’s that in the frame behind your sign?

That’s the U.S. Constitution. You can’t see it there, but in a frame to the left of it is the Declaration of Independence.

I now what you mean.
But there isn´t a perfect system that will give you a signal to catch the big winning move. From my little experience i can tell you that there is always a price to pay to see if you are right. I see it that way. I trade fibs retracementes and sometimes i´m stopped out at the 23%, 38% and 50%, and then i get the big move at 61.8% which is enough to compensate all my losses and also make pips. I have learnd that losses are part of my trading plan. Just be patient, son you won´t give your many back to the market :smiley:

that´s exactly what i´ve always try to put in words but never could: “there´s always a price to pay to see if you´re right”… lets keep that price to the minimum

“You gotta play to win.”

“You gotta pay to play.”

e mais nada!!!