The Most Profitable Trading Pattern You Will Ever Encounter

USDCHF- anyone watching ? daily buy confirmed on friday. Iam long based on H1 , which also gave a confirmation.

@jw1981,
can you please help me download this dashboard system of yours. I tried and did not workout. thanks.

Unfortunately today, the 4H AUD/JPY indicates the pattern wasn’t valid and is reversing, I’m currently waiting to close my position

yes @ToengToeng. looks like H4 has failed and SL is closing in.

Yes not only it is closing in, instead it has passed through :17: Damnit! Yet I haven’t closed my position, instead I hedge it with a Sell order back at the nearest low (marked by the green circle)

Feel free to test it out.

Code is written in C#, it’s made for Spotware’s cAlgo trading platform. Simply copy and paste “399_StochSling.algo” and the “399_StochSling” folder into your “C:\Users[B]YOURUSERNAME[/B]\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Robots” folder. “ZigZag.algo” goes in “C:\Users[B]YOURUSERNAME[/B]\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\Indicators”.

Whipped it up in about 45 minutes. Got a bit lazy near the end so it’s not currently auto-generating fib levels (currently goes up to a fixed 12.0 Fib. extension level). Lot sizing is done according to swing high/low and user-selected Risk Percent. If “Use Hard Stop” is set to false, it will use Philip’s reverse-entry styled exits.

Had a long day today (was enjoying the weekend). My current resources are being used to help another fellow BP member on developing his strategy. I can provide backtesting/optimisation reports once I am complete with his project. I will have to re-code it into a format that my infrastructure supports, but this version is consumer friendly. I coded it all at once without debugging in-between, did a few backtests and seemed okay logically, but there probably are bugs. So play around with it and please report bugs or logical misunderstandings.

StochSling.zip (17.1 KB)

Hi Clark, are you in the chatroom?

Anybody still in aud/usd?

I’m still in AUD/JPY which is in similiar condition with AUD/USD, seems something is wrong with AUD, think it’s because of Iron ore price ? (I dunno I only read the news, pls correct me if i’m mistaken)

Yeah I will definitely try it an d may be also give some feedback. I’m not sure though if its with the monthly RSI filter or without it. I guess I’ll surely find out once I install it.
Thanks bro.

[QUOTE=“ToengToeng;692278”]I’m still in AUD/JPY which is in similiar condition with AUD/USD, seems something is wrong with AUD, think it’s because of Iron ore price ? (I dunno I only read the news, pls correct me if i’m mistaken)[/QUOTE] I think I’m going to stick it out. I did hear the iron ore thing.

I made the system based on the first 2 pages of the thread. I did not see a monthly RSI filter. If you briefly explain it, I could add it in.

You do not need to. But the idea was to buy only when the RSI 14 value of the monthly chart closed above 66.6.
Sell when the RSI monthly closed below 33.3. You wouldn’t trade in other instances. But the thing is we can easily do this manually. It’s only once a month so no need for the indicator to take that into account really. Let me try the indicator first lol

It’d only be about 4 lines additional lines, so just let me know.

StochSling isn’t an indicator, it’s a fully automated strategy. It will place trades and manage stops for you. :wink:

Ok I need a guide on how to install that expert; I do not have a cAlgo folder in my documents. Assuming I create it, where will I find the folder on Metatrader to use the indicator?

Well then we WILL have lots to talk about. May you should make those additions. But let me see the robot first then we can talk.

cAlgo is a completely different trading platform; much better than MT4 in my opinion. I’d open a demo account with a broker that uses cTrader/cAlgo. I know ThinkForex uses them.

As far as i know FXPro also has cTrader accounts…

There is no need for RSI as far as I can see. I am currently testing the EA for the Metatrader 4 platform. I have done backtests and had barely any loss. This is a great strategy as is.

[QUOTE=“techy89;692344”] There is no need for RSI as far as I can see. I am currently testing the EA for the Metatrader 4 platform. I have done backtests and had barely any loss. This is a great strategy as is.[/QUOTE]

I tried to create an equivalent EA for MT5, but couldn’t quite figure it out. Are you willing to share your EA for MT4 techy? I would be happy to assist with backtesting and optimization.