The Most Profitable Trading Pattern You Will Ever Encounter

@jw1981,Thats a good observation and very meaningful. this is a useful tip for all.

I dunno jw1981. Iā€™m all for using a dashboard (or equivalent) to automate the process of scanning, to alert on potential future trades. Why go through that manual process?

Its actually quite simple when you take the 30 day correlation into account. Build your matrix start of the month and keep an eye on +ve and -ve pairs. The aim being to a) look for validation to the positions b) maximize the profits when things go your way.

Iā€™m currently making a list of A+ set upsā€¦ (When all filters line up). Will share my results in a few weeks or in a month at most and also offer how correlations help in filling the coffers even more.

I just exited the first post-FOMC trade; EURUSD short on the 1HR. I held it for four days for a profit of 180 pips. Iā€™m currently in the process of funding my new account which Iā€™ll share here. Once that is done I will post the trades I enter with charts. I will also share my fxbook account.

@phillippirip, i have been using MA crossover system since long time now and i had stumbled upon the same mistake of not trusting my system. This article was real good, i really thank you for sharing your experience. Now i am also aware of sticking to the trading system along with exit rules. :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Already waiting with interest to see the trades you are executing.

Hello Phillip,

How would you trade this one? We saw the 20/50ema cross ans stoch at the lows. We wait for the Stoch to reach overbought and wait for a cross below 80. But before that happens there is another Cross of the EMAs in the opposite direction.
What should we do?

I do not know how to upload chart but would you kindly have a look at the GBPAUD 4HR chart please.

The candle closed just a couple of miutes back.

DD

We donā€™t enter the trade.

Appreciate your quick response .

DD

So these are the two pairs Iā€™m looking at currently.

It looks like Iā€™m going to enter AUDNZD (the one on the right) very soon. EURUSD (the left picture.) will need sometime before I can short it.

You can track my account on myfxbook here

[B][I]Let the games begin!![/I][/B] :22:

Philip, is ā€œeyeballingā€ the overbought/oversold condition enough? In your AUD/NZD 60 minute trade I show the Stoch at 79.5745 which means it hasnā€™t broken 80.

Currently on 4-Hour charts Iā€™m short EUR/AUD, EUR/NZD and long USD/NOK.

It looks like USD/CAD will soon trigger long on the 4-Hour chart.

Yeah but you assumed my feed is the same is your feed. On my feed it closed at 81 so Iā€™m eyeballing it enough.

Actually I wasnā€™t assuming that.

I was wondering it itā€™s necessary to ā€œnit pickā€ insisting it go over 80 (or under 20). In other words if you see it touch the line is that sufficient?

It has to close above 80. I said it a million times and Iā€™ll keep on saying it to the end of time. Thanks for keeping a good eye on the chart.

In my view it seems correlation shows us some kind of statistical dependence. Now any currency pair is 100% correlated with itself so why look for others? If you are so confident of direction you could double down on the same currency pair. I think maybe we should look for independence or a correlation closer to 0%, this may increase the overall probability of occurances in the long run

In analogical terms would we rather flip a biased coin (51% chance of heads) once and place 4 bets (on heads) on that single event or flip our biased coin 4 times placing a bet on each individual flip?

Very good way of looking at it. The reality is ā€œcorrelationā€ typically is used to ā€œconfirmā€ the bias a trader has. The pit fall of such trading is once a pair ā€œStopsā€ correlating then you are left wondering ā€œwhat nextā€. I personally have used correlation in the past, but on the lower tf tick - 15m to get a slight edge right before break out occurs. My form of trading involves accuracy, so if a pair is highly correlated with another (even negative correlation) and you see that all of a sudden one stops moving, as the other breaks out, that is a clear sign of a pending reversals for the pair which has stopped correlating.

I beg to differ.

You seem to be taking correlation in a different meaning.

1. its nothing to do with ā€˜confirming biasā€™
  2. nothing to do with doubling down on just one
  3. corr. doesnā€™t mean both the ccyā€™s move in the same direction. Momentum differs, which is where/why philā€™s method fits in perfectly.
  4. I refer to correlations as a way to reduce the chart scanning time and use it specifically for this method in question.
  5. In my suggestion of correlation, [U]we donā€™t use intraday corr.[/U] but look to monthly correlation (where again, the H4 or even H1 aspect of using philā€™s method fits in perfectly).

There are different ways correlation can be used with philā€™s method. Here are two simple ways

1. Reduces chart scanning time
  2. Failed entries on a particular CCY gives you a clear/better idea of what is happening on other correlated pairs

Example

GBPJPY - AUDNZD (-92% Corr)

GJ H1 gave long quite some candles ago (which means you start to put AUDNZD in your watch list)
AUDNZD therefore becomes a good candidate to check for signals (which it did)

USDCAD - AUDUSD (-93.3% Corr)

USDCAD late last week triggered a sell (which means you look to AUDUSD for possible long signals)
AUDUSD gave a buy few days ago

Hope this clarifies.

That AUDNZD was a loser if you followed the rules exactly because it did not reach the 100 fib line, right? Did you set the trade to BE before or are so brave to lose all that pips gained before?