The Most Profitable Trading Pattern You Will Ever Encounter

Thanks for this comprehensive response Philip. I did take the RSI into consideration; I just didn’t mention it. Great advice concerning the other pairs that I can buy as well as that concerning buying/selling all the currencies at first. After reading it the fifth time, it didn’t seem too complicated. Thanks again and seeing that I’ll be using the system for the first time, I’ll take it slow.

David

Morning all,
went long on both the EURUSD and EURGBP. All the indicators are lined up.

David

I’m long EURGBP as well. But only with 60% of my lot size. The other 40% I’m keeping to use as a hedge with a EURUSD short on the 1 hour when the time is right.

Dear Philip
You wrote <<So rather than 0.1 lots on GBPAUD long. You go 0.33 lots long GBPAUD, 0.33 long AUDJPY and 0.33 short NZDJPY.>>

Do you mean that all the above couples anyway gave alerts long and short respectively?

Hi Philip,
my 100 pip TP target was reached on the EURUSD. I’m happy.

One question Philip, or for anyone who can assist: I didn’t use any fibs to determine my TP. I simply used a prominent resistance zone (1.12800/1.13000) as a TP level. The reason I did this is when I spread my fib tool (MT4 platform) from the low before the crossover, to the next high, I get retracement levels. If I spread it from the high to the crossover low, I get the extension levels (161.8, 261.8, 423.6). Is this correct? By not using the fib tool, I think I’m limiting myself to just a few pips. Although at this point, I could simply go long again as the signals are still strong.
What do you think?
Thanks.
David

Why not just open your fibonacci retracement properties window and add the desired levels?

No. This is just an example.

Look no one can blame you for setting pre-determined targets. But I would aim for at least 250pips. The pair has already gone 90 pips higher and we are in day 1. You can try to take profits at the 127.2 extension level. You can set a profit of 3 ATR. You can also use the level of 20 and 50 EMA on weekly and monthly as targets. So many ways to experiment with.

The way you mentioned for drawing extensions is the correct one.

Been taking time off to study and keep up revision for exams, man I come back and check Philip’s fx book and it’s gone up by a lot! Show’s it’s a good system. Must get back to this in the coming weeks!

Hi guys I’m kinda new to trading and philip’s system caught my eye. I spent the last hour or so to read through and try putting it to work. I just saw this the rules about to line up for this pair… Would like to find out if the conditions are actually right for a buy order in this case

This pattern is clearly about to fail now, you should use the RSI filter. If you are in the trade, apply the failed pattern exit.

hey i read in a post that you have some Youtube videos but i cant find them?

can u please post the links again?

Oh I see… I’m didnt put the trade since I’m not very good at telling whether the pattern would be successful or not. Guess I’m still lacking experience…

Use the RSI its really is. When the buy signal is complete, RSI should be above 50. If its a sell signal RSI should be less than 50. That’s the basic idea.

I don’t lol. May be someone asked for them but I don’t unfortunately.

You can do that? I’m embarrassed to say that I didn’t know that. I learnt something new today.
Thanks.
David

Ok I tried putting in the RSI. I’m trying to get myself used to being able to identify the successful pattern… Not sure if I found one but it looks like this pair is lining up.

*edit erm… never mind the pattern looks like it failed shortly after i posted…

what if there is only buying signal on GBPAUD, we haven’t seen any buying signals and selling signals from AUDJPY and NZDJPY, are you still going to execute three trades?

Well if you go back to my original post. I said do not short the pattern if the RSI is above 50.

Now this is a short signal. What was the RSI value when the signal is complete?

These were just examples.