The Most Profitable Trading Pattern You Will Ever Encounter

yeah thanks Philip.:slight_smile: Im trading on a demo account

OK, I ended this trade (It was on 100 pips benefit, I decided to move SL to BE and well, I just failed). For the next time Iā€™ll try to follow the rules; search for a better trade that fits the system and wait for a nice oportunity, should I wait a bit more after the stochastic has a crossover? Maybe wait until itā€™s crossed and then goes out of the overbought/oversold area.

No you shouldnā€™t.

The idea is this; EMAā€™s crossover, then stochastic crossover. Here if the pattern fails EMAs had just crossed recently, so the chances of them crossing back again and giving you the profitable exit signal is good. But when you enter at the second or third signal, the change in trend will definitely see you lose money.

OK, I got it, thanks a lot Philip!

Not really seeing much on the charts - though possible setup forming on XPT/USD

i missed that oneā€¦4h ago on EURUSD, nice 100+ pipsā€¦did anyone take that trade or see it as a signal?

Iā€™m in that actually. You need to fix your stochastic by the way, it should be 14,3,1 and not 14,3,3.

Saw it - but Iā€™ve been burnt a few times recently by the EURUSD and vowed not to trade it again until the new month starts - pity - nice pips in that one

i know, i tried everything, but my platform only letā€™s me put it to 14,3,2 (nothing below 2 is possible)ā€¦

here i put both versionsā€¦which one would you recommend?

You could always just download MT4 with a demo account and use that for your charts - then enter trades on your platform.

Weird how yours doesnā€™t let anything smaller than 2 ā€¦

I recommend using trading view instead, these wonā€™t work. Even the EURUSD trade you shared earlier, I was in at the close of the eighth candle from the right of your chart. Looking at your stochastic it didnā€™t even reach the overbought area then.

philip, would you have entered the 4 times when stochastics was below 20?..personally, i would have done, but you already mentioned that you prefer only taking the first signalā€¦also in a long trend like this one?

thanks for the recommendationā€¦but here the stoch also didnā€™t reach overbought on the candle you said, or am i completely wrong?

@forex mike, may be bucketā€™s idea is the best then.

I said I donā€™t prefer entering multiple times you are right. But I also said that it works except for the trade that precedes a shift in trend. So its a matter of preference rather than right or wrong.

Hey Philip, Iā€™m learning how to trade this system. Already made some pips from it. Just curious about the EURUSD, I was in it, but I closed quickly with a few pips gain. Did you short it when the stoch crosses? Or wait for next candle open? I was kinda worried when the stoch dived straight down to oversold when the candle open and I hesitated to short it.

Let me know your thoughts in it. :slight_smile:

What if the EMAs recross right at the next candle when stochastic hits the mark? Is that a signal not to enter?

As you can see in the picture. The red candle marked with the rectangle is where I entered. That was on February 25, way ahead of todayā€™s fall. So we were trading different signals.

@Jwilsonf, yes it is a signal not to enter.

Hi Philip,

Many thanks for sharing and teaching your profitable trading pattern. This method does share some aspects with Hector Devilleā€™s 3 SMA method. But, I like your system better. This is both unique and very tradeable.

My Oanda H4 MT4 charts donā€™t quite align with your posted charts. Please share the times of day new H4 candles appear on your platform. My H4 chart candles appear at 4:00, 8:00 and 12:00 CST.

Great Trading! :wink:

Hello Bobkat - Iā€™m with Oanda as well and there is a slight difference in data feed to Philipā€™s but you should have still got the same entry signal. This is from my Oanda chart.

Hi Bucketman,

Many thanks for your reply to my query. After comparing your chart to mine, I discovered your chart is GMT-5 and mine was set to GMT+2. So I changed mine to be identical to yours nowā€¦many thanks!

Bob