The Return of Alphahavoc II

Just for educational purposes, I had a look at the Yuppy today using my system.

The result was:

On the first screen (1 hour chart) there’s an uptrend that got established about 4AM this morning BST, and is still happening at time of posting. So that means, look only for long trades. On the second screen (12 minute chart) there’s a buy signal that forms around 8:30 and lasts about an hour.

I don’t watch this pair normally, so this is all looking back, which is of course easy. But if I’d entered on that buy signal, I would have entered somewhere around 130.767, with a stop at 130.5 and take profit (I have those now, because Coach Viper says I should) at 131.214. Those numbers come from the envelopes centered on the 22 bar EMA, which are calibrated for Cable but on first glance seem reasonably ok for this pair too.

So I would have come out somewhere around 12:40 with the take profit.

Also I note that I wouldn’t have done what Viper did because the second screen wasn’t showing an opportunity then, in fact it was showing a short opportunity, but since there was still an uptrend on the 1 hour chart, you can only use that as a signal to exit a long trade, not enter a short trade.

Interesting exercise.

Hey E, I’m going to bounce back to your thread, so I don’t dirty up Alphs thread with my Psychotic ravings.

The Ever Bouncing VIPER

Oh yes, good, bring the psychotic rantings to me! :smiley:

Sorry Alpha, I hope you don’t mind I put my comment on here, it seemed halfway relevant.

Barely survived…

Nope, i don’t mind, been busy scalping intraday. Glue to the monitor. I did my best. Haven’t done scalping for a long long time damn tiring.

dp2

1040HR SGT

An early lunch and babypiping

3 Likes

R. I. P.

Alphahavoc
19 Aug 2018 - 20 September 2018

Naaah, not even close Alph, you just need to work on your Horse Stance. Then it gets easier.

The Ever Coaching VIPER

1 Like

You too smart to be dead! Now get up, you lazy fool! :laughing:

1 Like

C’omon, brush yourself off, it’s not the end. You will learn more from you errors than your correct answers.

The Ever Coaching VIPER

2 Likes

“Not on my watch”

The ever not on Viper’s watch julakis

1 Like

goku

EURAUD closed at 1.61610 +9pips

Re-entered
All IN EURAUD

=========================================

Bless you, Alphahavoc! Thanks for that video, it was interesting.

I can tell that you are very intelligent, and you can think on your feet and adapt to situations quickly. I think you know that too.

Is it possible that those undoubted strengths are also turned into weaknesses? Are you trying to outsmart yourself?

Just some food for thought from a friend.

4 Likes

What has happened here @alphahavoc!!? :flushed:
I haven’t been following this closely but last i looked you were breaking through $700 level? That was only maybe a week ago?

Are you really down to under 100? How?

Or am i missing something here?

3 Likes

I cannot believe it :flushed:

EDIT: Two things I noticed

1. Over Trading - the positions opened in a day were just too many to manage.
  2. For a $700 account to have 1 position reaching -$400 loss means one thing; no stop loss and/or position size calculation.
  3. Letting losers run too long, like waaay too long. Cut loses and move on, your losing trades should be small in size short in duration.

Hey Alpha!
I hope you’ve noted down your mistakes and have plans on correcting them. Don’t give up, stay strong and watch the money come right back in.

3 Likes

Been a while since a last came back to BP and this was one of the first threads that I read; I actually really wanted to see success, not on a personal level for the OP but more so as evidence that one can succeed in a ‘retail’ forum!.

I like this thread, unfortunately for the OP though it’s a perfect text book example of what not to do, emotions against reality of staying cool, calm and collective. Not to mention the obvious error of letting the losing trades run, hedging against a loss and trading against the HTF trend.

Time to reload his account and take those lessons on board!

5 Likes

Remember???

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.”

“The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.”

“One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful, subduing the other’s military without battle is the most skillful.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

You will do better next time!

Win

6 Likes

Though it is really a sad situation for you @alphahavoc, yet I don’t have any word to encourage you. However, I would only paste here one of your Never Give Up Message posted on someone else thread.

Best of luck my friend.

5 Likes

Words could not express how i feel at the moment. I would like to thank all the Babypips member for their heartfelt support and encouragement.

Last week, i snapped and my Live account went bust again. After i went bust, i couldn’t stop asking myself. “Why didn’t i step on the brakes? I could have accepted a smaller loss and start over again on a positive note.”

Viper was right. I was revenge trading. For me, accepting a loss of $200 was a bitter pill to swallow. It took me 4 weeks grind to gain 45% and just a day to lose 20%. That thought was psychologically hard for me to deal with. I lost control of myself and traded intensively. I even manage to recoup my 40% gains but i didn’t stop there, I continue to trade aggressively. Karma eventually catch up with me.

Over the weekends, I kept going thru my mind on what was the cause of my demise. I snapped but why? I couldn’t find an answer. Am i really such a sore loser. Why can’t i accept a big loss and continue trading in a rational manner? Am i such an irresponsible person? Evidence have proven that i am uncontrollable when i snapped. Money management ceased to existence.

Basically, i had lost control of myself. The cool and rational self of me was not there anymore. Despite having someone like Viper to remind me, my ego simply put up a wall of deafness.

I snapped on the 5th week. For the 1st to 3rd week, i was utilising a max of about 15% of leverage, and i was still coping alright. Into the 4th week, leverage increased beyond 20%. After that, tension builds up, and i seem oblivious to the fact that i was threading on thin ice. It was like the story of the boiling frog.

Last week, I was in a state of despair, i am so sad and feel as though the world is caving in. At first, i felt insignificant and worthless. The whole world knew that i bust my account again. It was a really embarassing moment for me and i just felt like running away, don’t really feel like talking about it. However, if i keep running away from my fear, when does it end? I will not be able to move on. The only way for me now is to fight it. Face my mistakes, acknowledge it. Decipher what went wrong and implement a plan to prevent future occurrences.

I was coping fine when my use of leverage was confine within 15% boundary. The success of 30% gains in 3 weeks time got me Euphoric. I became risk intolerant. Risk management became insignificant and was completely ignored by me.

After much contemplation, here’s my plan to cope with losses. For every ONE trade closed on a negative note. I will have to perform one demo trade, and it needs to be closed on a positive note, before i can return to make another live trade. My use of leverage shall not exceed 15% at any point in time.

With the help of my youngest biological brother, i got to reload my live account today. However, at the moment, my confidence level is overwhelmingly low, and i dare not make any trade. Perhaps, i shall perform 3 demo trades and get at least 2 out of 3 correct, before i proceed to live trade.

3 Likes

Oh! Welcome back Alpha…

I’m actually happy to see you return back #thereturnofAlphahavoc2
I am sure the outcome would be tremendously wonderful this time

cheers!
AND MAY THE PIPS BE WITH YOU :hugs:

3 Likes

26 SEPT 2018

0937HR SGT

Current Demo trades

1 Like

courage. Every one in the trading business make those mistakes. Trying to fight against you and human nature is hard and need training… about training… my advise is not to return on demo trading because you won’t have to deal with your fears/greed anymore like when you trade live. Best of it is keeping live trading but seek for broker with cent account. Put 30$ or 50$ and you can trade like you got 3000$-5000$ with same leverage and overall you get margin like when you go on standard account. Because that the capital you need at least on standard account to survive… less than that you just got margin call and give it to the MM.
best regards,