The right time to trade?

As a scalper I always search for opportunities and whenever I have any opportunity, I make the best use of them.

As a scalper, I ambush on the market and analyze technically and fundamentally to find opportunities but I prefer trading at night.

lol, even bots are turning into “scalpers”, these days - if only they knew what it actually meant :joy: :roll_eyes:

Ok, I am going to be honest and flat out call this question DUMB.

first of all I didn’t understand what you meant by OTC. I am assuming you meant over the clock. however OTC actually means over the counter which is the type of market
where trade are not made on an exchange.

second of all it doesn’t matter when you trade for long term trader like position, swing traders and etc.

third of all forex market is open 24 hours but not all pair can be traded in those 24 hours. forex market works in 3-session system put it simply when people in US are trading, Japanese trader are sleeping thus there is no liquidity in JPY pairs once US sleeps, Japanese wake up and trade thus you see many pair during different session with little to no liquidity. and that brings me to the part where you traded after the market closed. without any further information I can’t say what you did but I am assuming you went a head and traded some pair after every one was sleep and market was closed and made some money, well that’s luck money you gambled and made some pips that’s all. after liquidity dies in market there is nothing but night owl starring at screen so most of the pair exabit usual behaviour with high volatility (however there are benefits of trading news and early release after market close but that’s not what you are saying is it?).

liquidity and volatility plays important part in trading. simply
liquidity and volatility = chance to make money

now if you are day trader or scalper or any short term trader use forex market hours tool to see what session fall in you local time zone and trade accordingly e.g. when its London session pairs like EUR/USD are high in liquidity and volatility during London - New York overlap.

there is still a lot I didn’t wrote nor I will write I have given links look for yourself, I usually don’t write at all. if you still ask those dumb type question again I will break in to your home install windows XP on you machine and make you play fire boy and water girl on internet explorer.

Forex Market Hours - Forex Market Time Converter (babypips.com)

Preschool - School of Pipsology - BabyPips.com

i’m sometimes about as outspoken as you can get away with, in this forum, but even i don’t do that, and you probably shouldn’t, Ostrich

bear in mind always that it’s primarily a beginners’ forum and loads of questions are regularly asked here on the basis of misunderstood and/or misguided “information”

(don’t get me wrong - i’m on your side of the discussion) :blush:

hahaha you can call it my way of teaching but it does get me some times. people are suppose to ask “how am I suppose to use this tool” or “what this term means” but most of the time I find question like “can you live-off of trading”, “best trading strategies” etc. not to mention most just ask for fun there is no learning behind it.

HAHAHa I appreciate all honesty. Thank you for giving me the knowledge you did.

It really depends on your strategy and the market you’re trading in. Some traders thrive during market hours when volatility is high, especially around market open

Omg what a glaring error from their algo/manager (?) lol. Whoever is managing these bots, please take them back! @RosiePalmar @StankaVitanova @Elliotrades08

1 Like