The Silent Sniper pre-release testing

So will there be any issue with different lot sizes?

aidy how long have you been trading this strategy ( manual or automated does’nt matter)?

Shouldn’t be any issues.

For about 3 months now on 30 day Alpari demo accounts.

Rumours are going about that The Silent Sniper v2 EA is going to be released maybe at the end of the week sometime in time for next weeks trading…

$200 seems a bit on the high side for an EA only been tested for 3 months. The average price I’ve seen on EA’s is around $99. Just a thought… I’m not even a potential buyer, I’m doing my own thing that works for now.

aidy in your real account i can see that this ea has a relatively high drawdown. is it something that can be done about this? can you explain a little your strategy so i can understand if this is a normal behavior with thie EA.

thanks

Hi arbolive,

I made a stupid mistake last night and set my lots sizes to 0.1 rather than 0.01, so on £150 account this showed up as massive, plus the trades that opened at this were losing trades. :frowning:

Normally the drawdown is around 7-8%.

That is true but the strategy behind the EA is quite strong and the EA is continually being worked on to better trade opening plus traders get remote support session were they computer is remote controlled and any issue is resolved. You don’t get this service from any other EA.

How did the lot sizes contribute to the downfall?

Aidy
can the EA be programmed for Act Forex…their language is Actfx. A few programmers are now offering such strategies for brokers who support Act Forex. The language, believe it or not is derived from Pascall.

Because I have been using 0.01 lot sizes and when the EA went on and used 0.1 lots, the bigger lot sizes on such a small account meant that the losses on those trades magnified the drawdown.

Hi Mammoth,

I never heard of ActFx so I would need to look at the code to find out if the EA can be programmed into it.

Aidy,

the link is ActFX Algorithmic Trading the algo part of Act Forex. I use a broker that subscribes to Act. The thing is is that their spreads are pretty tight and a good scalping / arb potential exists. the downside is I cant program and no one seems to have heard of Act…although there are a few brokers who offer it

I will have a look at it later tonight after work and see if I can program the EA in it. I will let you know what happens…

Hi aidysproule,
is the release still on the third? Can u tell me what exactly is the remote session support.? Whats included? And how can i buy your EA?
Thank u so far,
best regards
Sascha

So this strategy wouldn’t work well with higher lot sizes like 0.1?

It will work with any lot size, it’s just my account only had £100 so 0.1 lot sizes were over sized for my account. 1% on this account should be 0.01 lots, 0.1 is 10 times that so thats 10 times the normal drawdown. It all depends on your money management and the size of your account, I just made a mistake and entered the wrong lots size so thats the reason for the drawdown.

Hey there,

now…todays release day? Or not? Come on…let us know whats up :slight_smile:

There are many hungry people :slight_smile:

The EA has been released… Your not allowed to put links on the forum so all I can recommend you do is google something along the lines of ‘the silent sniper ea’ and see what hits you get… :20: