The top of the forex food-chain - 2019

The May 2019 Euromoney FX Survey has just been released.

It lists the top 10 currency market liquidity providers (banks and non-banks), ranked according to currency trading volume.

Together, these LP’s transact more than 64% of the world’s FX trading volume in the top tier of the market, which we call the interbank network.

Here are the Top 10 Liquidity Providers, listed in order according to current market share.
(Last year’s ranking is shown for comparison.)

Here are the details of the 2019 FX Survey from Euromoney

Highlights from the Euromoney Survey:

• the dramatic return of Deutsche Bank to the upper eschelon of the rankings

• the reduction in market-share concentration among the interbank leaders

• the continued rise of non-bank liquidity providers

For comparison, here are the market-share rankings from the past 3 years:

For 2018

For 2017

For 2016

Banks market share 2016

4 Likes

Thanks for this Clint.:smiley:

1 Like

Yes. Thank you @Clint. As always for ALL of your efforts. Certainly not only for this information but for all.

Thanks for sharing.

Is there any information to introduce FX broker liquidity rank, such as FXCM, OANDA, IB, and so on.

Fxcm oanda ib etc are no liquidity providers. They are stp brokers (in best case) cooperating with the LP mentioned above in the pictures (usually cooperate with all of them but minimum 3 LP).

Sidenote:

Very interesting is XTX Markets and its quick rise. As they are by no means a bank at all it is interesting to see how well they compete with major system relevant banks.

(XTX is a FinTech company only 4 (FOUR!) years old)

Seem outline is that Liquidity Providers(banks) -> Forex brokers(FXCM, OANDA, IB, eg.)
Do you know what’s the rank for forex trading volume among Forex brokers(FXCM, OANDA, IB, eg.)

At least it’s good to know with which help you are actually able to provide and take all that Forex activities anyway and I am glad to see here stable and well known names for all the banks, I dealed with them on other business and all was just fine.

Tx @Clint,

WoW, I didn’t realize State Street, the hometown boys, were at that level.

I’ve been watching alot of movies lately that these guys star in!!

KC