The Truth About Order Flow Trading & How To Trade It!

I hear there were stops triggered below 1.56 option on GU, but I can’t find anywhere that mentioned these stops before they were filled? Anyone find them on IFR before the fact?

Look for the Options Calendar (there is one timed at 9:48 GMT but others before then) in IFR, look at Thursday expiries.

Hellooo , I’m finding these Threads hard too keep upwith , hopefully i can get back too studying charts to recognise patterns :slight_smile:

Hi StormGirl

The purest form of order flow can be traded without ever having to look at a chart.

If you keep informed of the flow, and keep informed where the large bids/offers from Sovereigns, Middle Eastern names, Russian names, CB’s and Large Asian names, then you could effectively trade without looking at a chart.

For example… I know that the BOJ are continually BID the 78.00 zone to keep U/J above. I don’t need to look at a chart to trade this, I can effectively just place my bids all over this zone purely based on that information!

IFR Report

Thanks for that :slight_smile:

Here is a question…

[B]Hypothetical Situation…[/B]

Lets say that the GBP/USD is trading @ 1.5550 were some bids were located, you have just read an order flow report that says there is a good option barrier 50 pips away @ 1.5500, the report also says that there are stops below 1.5545 and offers @ 1.5590-00 with stops above 1.5605 and another option barrier @ 1.5620.

How would you play this information?

Would you sell the GBP/USD AT 15550 while it clears the stops below and then go long at 15500?

I would play it this way I would let price go down to fill the sell stops @45 and then put would put a pending buy on 1.5550 to ride the movement up to fill the offers above…

Luis.

Ps - i’m findinf this hard to read acctually :frowning:

U/J is tapping 78.25, so stop loss is being moved down from 78.60 to the entry @ 78.45. This trade has no risk attached to it now. Target still remains @ 78.10-15 zone.

Wait for price to fall to 1.5500 and then buy, hoping to get a ride up to 1.5590-00

I would set a Buy Limit @ 1.5502, stop @ 1.5540 then at 1.5540 move stop to 1.5510 to B/E. Then ride to 1.5580 moving stop to lock in profit. Set pending Sell limit @ 1.5588 with stop @ 1.5610 then ride down. Am I close??

Would no one wait for the bids @ 1.5550ish to be cleared, and then see if the sell stops under 1.5545 are tripped for a ride down to the barrier @ 1.5500.

On the other hand, if the offers above are cleared and price then trips the buy stops above, one could get long to the option barrier above.

Also between both scenarios above, the trader could also play the bids at 1.5550 and offers above it tripped for quick scalp gains.

Option barriers that have stops, bid/offers within a 50ish pip radius tend to be magnetic and attract price before the NY cut.

The stops below the 1.5550 bids and ahead of the 1.5500 barrier is telling you the story… they are there for a purpose. The stops are in place to attack the option barrier should the early defensive bids @ 1.5550 fail to hold price above. More defensive bids would be located around the 1.5500 barrier as well and used to cash in on the sell stops ahead of another attack.

Go through it, there are offers @ 1.5590-00 to sell price and attack the early defensive bids @ 1.5550… this is to try and clear these bids. If cleared then the sell stops below will produce another wave attack on the option barrier @ 1.5500 where more defensive bids would be located. The sellers would close the shorts at these bids and re-sell again into the 1.5500 in the hope of flushing out the last of the defensive bids before the NY cut.

still a lot to learn.

Luis.

Me too…

If the sentiment is bearish, then the sellers will meet fierce defenses (bids) as they try to take out the barriers. Obviously the owner wants the money and will defend the barrier… the sellers will have to try and flush out the early bids, then trip the sell stops below to take price down to the next line of defense (bids) where the process starts again. Each time they need to fluch out the bids in hope of taking out the option barrier before expiry.

As I said before… if a barrier is within a 50ish pip radius to the current market price, then it is normally attacked.

this happens when we are near the cut right?

Luis…

It pretty much starts from the get go.

But it heats up as the cut gets closer.