The week I lost my MOJO

Well here’s my weekly update on my trading.
This week didn’t quite go as planned, my country restriction of a 5 mile radius was lifted on Monday, so I decided to take the grand kids to coast a 40 minute drive, and decided to take a day off trading.
Not sure if that worked against me, however I know how consuming trading can become, however I started to trade on Tuesday as normal, I’m sitting here today trying decide if it was just a lousy week on the markets, I concentrated on Euro pairings, or my MOJO just deserted me, it was non news week and coronavirus is now being discounted by the markets.
I took the least amount of positions I’ve taken In a while and stopped trading Thursday and ended the week down.
-95.7 pips
Not a disaster account down 0.47%
So here’s to next week Monday back in the saddle and getting my MOJO back.
Have a good weekend.

The upside is if you can trade during a unique global virus and economic disaster, and ONLY lose half a percent, and you still had some time off at the coast, you’re doing alright.

2 Likes

Thanks, I talk a lot about the psychology of trading, it took me a while to build up the right mental attitude, I just think it was a week when my head was not in the right place, I’m assuming it happens to everyone at some stage.

2 Likes

Sure. I think whatever we’re doing during the current emergency measures, it must be so insignificant financially that whichever way it turns out in a month or two it won’t affect us longer term. The forex market is are a long way from normal so normal strategies and normal outcomes and normal performances are not really to be expected.

2 Likes

This happens to everyone at some stage, and that too in this serious pandemic situation the worry is bound to amplify, but it must be so insignificant financially that whichever way it turns out in a month or two it won’t affect us long term. Get unstuck by shifting your perspective and Stay far from negativity.

Your right and at the moment I’m looking at my trading plan to see if it needs tweaking, one reason I have strayed and it cost me this week, but it was the catalyst to get me looking at my trading and if i needed a boot up the backside.
Trading as normal this week and much better attitude.

1 Like