The Z Pattern

I’m currently returning from a Dublin trip.
We caught a strong reversal on the GBP/nzd last week with the Z Pattern. And there is lots more brewing.
Going to post some charts tonight.

Best

Found a number of potential set-ups on AUD/USD; NZD/USD, some which I had chance to trade. Really agree with Kas about using it as a tool for entry combined with other confluences and set-ups. Latest one during Asian session, I found is GBP/JPY 4 hour, a slimline pattern pushing prices but not quite reaching the 172.00 level.

00 Psych level as resistance
Bollinger Bands (price respecting upper BB)
34 EMA resistance
Consistent rise from 50-00 level
Number of dojis on hour chart

CCI not oversold on four hour chart

I’m short at 171.91 Risk/Reward is nice 2:1 roughly 15 pip stop loss for 40 pip gain at 171.51.

Latest Z Pattern trades:

We discussed this trade Live on ZFX. So far first TP hit.

This ZP pinpointed the exact momentum shift.

A very logical play from a decent level. Topped with a strong pinbar. Pushed prices up.

Pinpointed momentum reversal and swung prices around.

These were some of the latest ZPs. Wish everyone continued success.

Best

Hi,

Does anyone trade the Z Pattern through the Asian session?

I’m UK based so normally trade the European session (i’m up at 6am getting my orders ready) but due to also holding down a full time job I feel I’m missing other opportunities throughout the day during the session.

I’ve had good success so far with this pattern and haven’t had a SL hit in over three weeks, I’m also am up a good few pips and profitable

Does the strategy work through the Asian session??

Cheers.

Generally 6am,10am,2pm are the real deals(for UK traders). However some pairs,mostly Asian pairs like Aussi,Yen and NZD have some action throughout the Asian sessions. And could be traded. However I prefer and suggest the aforementioned timelines.

Best

Hi , thank you for the great daily analysis, cheers.

Top man ,

Cheers.

Hi Kasravi,

I dont have the mentioned time frames on my broker so missed a few Z patterns from what I can see.
However, I dont see the gbp/jpy 4hr chart as a potential trade, it doesnt fit the Z pattern methodology when switched to the line chart.

All other trades look ok to me!

Roni

The GBP.JPY trade I did got stopped out, but I still think it was a reasonable trade. Big news from GBP really drove the pound last night dang!

A Shame, It went your way after all!

Keep up the good work Sparata.

Best

Might be about time you fire up an MT-5 account.
How does the G/J ZP not fit?

Best

I’m looking for short signals on cad/jpy,eur/gbp and eur/cad.

Best

Made small profits on AUD/USD and NZD/USD using the ‘Z’ so thats made up for last night :slight_smile:

Hi,
It looks that you are doing good with your trade today Sparatacus.
Good luck.

Which patterns did you trade may I ask? Also what time frame?

Perfect Z pattern failure today. Trade went in then against me.

Another failing pattern. Very bad start to the week for me guys

I am using mainly 1hr and 4hr charts however will still look at 30min and 2, 3hr charts as well more for reference than trades on the Forex. I’m house sitting at moment and don’t have normal computer to use so I’m not going to do any charts. But I find ‘forexfactory.com’ charts are great for spotting z patterns quickly. Its a bit scary I’m starting to see them all over the place. Currently looking at using them with the ASX 200 (Aussie Index) and the Hang Seng 43 (Hong Kong Index) where I am looking at 30min, 1hr intra day trades.

Cheers

I can imagine that this is very frustrating for you. It seems to me that you are picking up patterns that are not inline with any sort of anticipation, thus are not working out for you. In addition to that some of your ZPs I cannot see on my own charts. In other words they’re not valid.

But back to my first point anticipation. Last week I commented on a couple of pairs that I’m looking for signals on. And when things come together they sure do magic. Have a look at these everyone;

Eur/Cad

Eur/Gbp

Aud/Nzd

Which was a good option too.

These were valid and profitable Z Pattern Setups.

As a last note. I go through my charts every night. and pre plan positions that I’m looking to trade. I take notes of important signals and to where they might drive the price. I have tons of arrows over my charts to remind me the next day where I anticipate price to move. I can rely on my anticipations, thanks to my experience,but I don’t always catch a signal to trade them. Which is alright. Eventually it always comes all together!

Best

Hi Kasravi

concerning the two trades (EURGBP 4hr & AUDNZD 4hr) that you put up above, I too was tracking the trades yesterday. However, i opted out of placing any trades on them because the price was either just short(in case of AUDNZD) and just long(in case of EURGBP) of the channel lines.

How strict must we be when we line up the price with the channel lines?