The Z Pattern

This Z Pattern completed last Friday. The entry was triggered on Monday morning and TP hit 8 hours later for +76 pips.

Dangerous to go against the larger trend which was primarily bearish, be careful.

Kasravi,

Hope your holiday went well. I need you to shed some clarification on the VZ zones. If say a currency is trending bearing on the daily chart and it is approaching a VZ zone on the weekly will you then look for a Z pattern to buy or still go with the longer term trend and go short?

Best,
Ron

Roni, z pattern is a reversal strategy, from what i experience z pattern is good when there’s a huge volume and we take the reverse direction. eurusd is a perfect slim type z pattern to me atleast :slight_smile:

dont get fixated with large time frame as z pattern can be used in reversal point or … at pullback point to follow trend. my 2 cent :slight_smile: of cuz if u strictly only trade z pattern that follow higher timeframe it might work for u too :slight_smile: just u will be trading lesser that people who take any z pattern which decent risk reward

eur yen h4 short. pretty clear z pattern.

hmm less than 2 hours tp … excellent!

Fair play Jasper. I prefer trading with the larger term trend as this helps weeding out the fake setups.

I need someone shed some clarification on the VZ zones. If say a currency is trending bearish on the daily chart and it is approaching a VZ zone on the weekly will you then look for a Z pattern to buy or still go with the longer term trend and go short?

Best,
Ron

I use Oanda…it’s pretty decent and have all TF’s on both their MT5 and FX Trade platforms.

Still scanning the 4 Hr charts for Z patterns. Nothing good since the EUR/JPY that jasperng posted yesterday.

Be wary of 30min chart setups. They are very misleading in my opinion, many fake setups have occurred. Try to trade 1hr and above.

I need someone shed some clarification on the VZ zones. If say a currency is trending bearish on the daily chart and a weekly VZ is formed pointing up will you then look for long positions against the larger term trend which is bearish?

Best,
Ron

Ron,
Even though the 30 min patterns on EURGBP and GBPCAD are valid, the profit from each trade if TP is hit is only 11 pips and 12 pips. That is why I’m only looking at the 4 hour charts. On 01-Oct I made +70 pips on NZD/JPY 4 hr and on 06-Oct I made +76 on EUR/USD 4 hr. I’ll wait for the trades with higher profit potential than trade many small profit trades. The 4 hour charts fit my schedule better.

Good luck, Hector

Kasravi,

I need your input!

Best,
Ron

Good thing about z pattern is it makes.u be patient hahaha. Market is ranging today waiting for fomc decision.

With even more confusion of searching for Z patterns with accordance with VZ zones only has plummeted my trading account into even more dangerous territory. We do really need some clarity on what to trade with, the longer term trend or the VZ zones.

i didnt take this one but i saw this after it happened … not a bad one although it is not a clean Z pattern

waiting kasravi to return lol

Three consecutive losses. I do not know what is going wrong. Confusion between trading with trend or VZ zones. When the trend is bearish and it starts establishing higher highs and higher lows off a VZ you still dont know whether to start looking for longs or stay with the longer term downtrend on all timeframes.

Very bad week for me. Kasravi, I need some clarity on this, had lots of faith in the patterns earlier on in the year when trading but now Im not so sure what is going wrong.

Best,
Ron

U should show us ur trade and setup for us to see and comment

For me I do not consider vz when I find for z pattern.
If its with the higher time frame I will let it run awhile or extend tp slightly
If its against the trend I will set tp tigther

This is what I do and sofar works for me.

Below are the trades I have made significant losses on.

Do you trade Z pattern against the trend to? So you trade all Z patterns with or against the trend at any time? Or only UK market open times…