They say NFTs are dead

Hahaha! It’s great that you’re able to manage your emotions really well that this doesn’t really have an impact on you anymore. :open_mouth: Are you still holding on to some coins atm? :open_mouth:

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. :sweat_smile:

Yes lol. If the platform is still around, that is. :skull:

1 Like

I dont own any NFT but I think they will be incorporated into mainstream within the next decade. Going to be very useful for providing digital I.D to access websites. Going to get royalties for owning skins in a game that are popular. Obviously art as well but I doubt the meme stuff will hold it value. Then /NFT/Tokens for being in a community may have some benefits.

I personally think gaming will be the first sector to get mainstream adoption for NFT. Lots of games already have in game marketplaces so it would be a easy transition to make.

Can you imagine if Nintendo introduced Pokemon NFT. Not sure how it would work but say there was only 1 for each pokemon. To own the Pikachu NFT would be worth millions.

1 Like

Good luuuck! :open_mouth: Do you have any plans of withdrawing? Or are you okay with just letting it be? Haha. :smiley:

Ooooh. :open_mouth: That makes sense. :open_mouth: Definitely agree that it’s likely that the gaming sector will be among the first ones to revive NFTs if it were ever to happen. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also, great example! HAHAH. :smiley: I get it cause my boyfriend used to play Pokemon Go a lot and I understand how they can be a bit too invested in the whole thing. :sweat_smile:

Okay with just letting it be! When I put money in, I only put in money i can afford to lose so I don’t feel too bad. Just sucks knowing that I could have exited at the top lol

2 Likes

Well I remember reading that Nintendo was hiring NFT developers recently so it may be a reality.

1 Like

NFT’s are far from dead. We’ve just been seeing a lot of experimentation and a lot of scammers jumping in and taking advantage. This is the beginning.

We will now see larger companies such as the aforementioned Nintendo using NFT’s on there platforms. NFT’s will be used to track in game collectables and rewards, weapons, avatars, avatar skins etc etc. Which will be owned by the gamer who can then sell them on the open market to other gamers. So for example, if your in an adventure style game and you have to complete various tasks, you may need a specific item to complete a task, there will only be ‘x’ amount of that item avaliable as an NFT. So gamers who own the item will have to give, lend or sell the item to other gamers to be able them to complete the task. Developers can also release there own in game currency which will be used as way of reward and buy/selling items within the game. These things I’ve mentioned have already been done by some developers, so it can be done but it’s not yet mainstream. I’m interested to see how this style of gaming will develop as the tech had endless possibilities.

Obviously gaming is only one way that NFT’s on blockchains can be used. You could also use NFT for various other things, such as tickets for concerts/events, deeds for property etc etc.

2 Likes

I mean, we all thought the top would get even higher so… :sweat_smile: But good for you! At least you didn’t decide to invest your savings or sumth. :open_mouth:

That’s interesting! :open_mouth: It’s the first time I’m hearing about it and now I’m curious. :thinking: I wonder if they’re actually planning to launch their own NFT. :thinking:

I tried looking it up just now and most of the articles about Nintendo being interested in NFTs were from last year. :sweat: I wonder if they’re still interested. :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for this! :blush: I’m definitely excited to see how this all plays out in the future. Maybe it’s because I’m not really a gamer that I haven’t really seen the latest happenings within the gaming industry related to NFTs, but it would be great to see NFTs boom again, but this time, with more of a system to it so they don’t easily lose value. :open_mouth:

I agree with your sentiment. I bought into NFTs - and traded them for a while. I never paid more than about $400 for any of them, and most were way less than that. By far the majority of NFTs I traded were in the DeFi Kingdoms game. First the DeFi part was paying a fortune for tokens locked into gardens where they grew at a rate of something like 20,000% APY at launch, and you could not take them out until over a year. At one stage the account (ONE tokens and DFK tokens had a face value of $50K in my portfolio. Combined they are now under $1K. Remarkably, our entire portfolio only once fell below the value of USD funds we had committed. Some of the “NFTs” are domains. I have put all that stuff to bed and will only address it when I have the time to assign to it. Meantime, I do want to continue my blockchain institute certification but life has got in the way. Maybe next month / year / decade. Who knows :rofl:

1 Like

Mondeoman do you drive a Ford Mondeo? For some reason your name still sticks in my head years after joining this site, I need to know.

1 Like

All shall be revealed. This is an English expression denoting “Mr Boring and Average”. I think the origin was Vauxhall Vectra Man, but I stole the idea. I did used to drive a Ford Mondeo, and was proud of it. As an engineer all my life, I would often say to friends that the Ford Mondeo was “the best car in the world”. Now most of our friends were like most of the people in the world. They don’t buy cars. They lease them on perpetual loans that they never pay off. So a guy with a salary of £50K per year drives a Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari that costs north of £70K and he is happy to show off his “wealth”. I am a reverse snob, preferring to bring the tone of the neighbourhood down a touch by choosing to drive “the best car in the world”. But I never bought new and I always bought for cash, to avoid having a car mortgage. House mortgage good debt. Car mortgage bad debt. Robert Kiyosaki Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

Wind forward a five years from arriving in the UK from abroad, my wife bought a new Mercedes E class, Her choice since it was bought from her business. When it was 8 years old, I bought it for 30% of its new price (one owner, 16,000 miles) and she bought another new one. Now I should call myself Mercman, but it doesn’t have the charm or reverse snob appeal to me. BTW I no longer think that a Ford is the best car in the world. Best is defined from an engineer’s perspective. Does what it promises at a cost acceptable to the owner. Now I think E class Mercedes are the best cars in the world. Provided they have a full service history and have had only one owner when you buy them. That’s the story for the past 40 years. Not sure what the next 40 years will bring, but I am not buying an electric car in a hurry. On a good run, I get 60 miles per gallon (UK gallon) from my E class, and that is extremely cost effective for a car that is now nearly 10 years old. It is my fourth Mercedes and third E Class. Hard to justify buying anything newer since it has all the capabilities I want in a car.

4 Likes

This sounds amazing, Mondeo! :blush: I hope you get to complete it eventually. :smiley: You’ve always been one of the people I talk to for NFTs here so I’ve also been curious about what you think of articles like these. :thinking: I agree that we can never really be sure, but NFTs and the blockchain still has a lot of potential. :thinking:

And an interesting revelation! :smiley: Haha. :blush:

Ah! The more you know! Learn so many UK things from you.