This analyst was right all along

Hi.
I think this article deserves to be pasted somewhere. So, here it is.
While everyone thought the notion of a V shaped recovery was nonsense, this guy thought otherwise.
I don’t know, this is very interesting to me. Seeing what happened in hindsight, and how this guy is letting us know how he was right all along, is…interesting.
Is this guy a fluke?
Or does he really know something?
Needless to say, he doesn’t follow the crowd. There just might be a lesson in here somewhere.

Mike

1 Like

Its a good read. But I think the results of November 3 will make a drastic difference to the market.

Cheers

Blackduck

3 Likes

Of course the markets were going to go up.

I said as much in a comment here as the markets were in freefall (Oh how I wish I could dig thar comment out to look clever!)

It was going to be like 1987, not 2008

With that said never has there been such a disconnect between Wall Street and main Street.

Forget V shape recovery it’s going to be K shaped.

Some do really well while others sink to the bottom of a bottomless pit

I read many books on the great depression, never in my life did I think I would live through one myself.

Us traders are in a unique situation, if you master your emotions, keep it simple and plan accordingly.

Much better than many.

2 Likes

Go to your summary. Look in your activity and you will be able to see all your old posts.

It’s not too late to look clever.

Cheers

Blackduck

@Blackduck

It was many posts ago but will try. Cheers!

You can also search your username and a keyword I think? Haven’t tried though!

When analysing market structure and you see these projections it feels overwhelming and and far fetched. But I learnt that it isn’t, the important thing is stick to analysis and practice patience. I did some analysis of the Market trying to figure out where we are in the structure and I was happy to learn that this is not the worst it could get and we are nearing extremes and a change in trend is not as swift and simple as one would have you bealive.

It’s an amazing article. It is always beneficial to do what seems right and not what everyone else is doing.

I guess this is an instance of an “article that aged well”.

He raised good point about connection of the rally with fundamentals. Currently it doesn’t exist. But how do estimate next targets? Blind following of the rally? Sorry but participating in the Ponzi scheme isn’t sound approach and imo should be avoided.

Thank you for sharing this article. Found it very informative. This guy maybe right I think.

Actually, I blindly follow every rally in the Dow. If I’m flat I set a buy order above the Dow’s lower daily high and a deep trailing stop-loss way below. If the order isn’t triggered and we get another lower daily high I pull the order to the new lower high. When the order is triggered I set another buy for when the initial TSL is trailed to the entry price. And so on. I never short the Dow.

The only thing to do with bubbles is ride them.

1 Like

Yeah, it makes sense with such powerful central bank support. I think the most part of 2021 will be bullish so lets wait for some decent pullback to hop in.