This Week's Question: Any New Year's Resolutions for 2022?

Book. Am very partial to reading because of the structured nature of the content and how they usually have references to more advanced books for further reading. But recently found some some online content can be a good complement too, like the Eco courses at Khan academy.

Haven’t tried educational subscriptions but I’d probably want to give that a try when I do Python. Something very interactive though, like the Brilliant.org courses.

1 Like

It might not be trading related, so far my ideas are in the areas of either motivational or Food recopies/reviews. But haven’t decided yet. Trading related is not bad too, but I’m a since I’m also a beginner still have some work on that, may be by next year, who knows.

Khan Academy is great! I have used them in the past.

I’m not familiar but will have a look. Thanks!

talk to my wife again

oh and lose weight

If I reach my new years resolution or not, I will still have made progress in the right directions throughout the year. But for this year I decided on monthly resolutions.

So for january it’s to focus on my finances:
Reducing my budgets, saving more, investing more time in practicing forex and starting a live account by hopefully april.

Do you follow Ali Abdaal? Who do you follow on YT for motivational content? Also for food! I only follow Joshua Weissman and Munchies :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, Him and Doctor Mike both are great, To know about our selves and how to live a healthy life and to gain knowledge about our own body. Really enjoy watching them.

Jay Shetty and Simon Sinek are two of my favorites.

Also I really love Evan carmichael’s top 10/50 series, a lot of content at once place. Also Tom Bilyeu’s Impact Theory series. and there are so many more I came across over the years.

I am really into “Travel to Eat” category of youtubers, such as Mark Wiens, Food Ranger and Sonny from Best Ever Food Review Show, I’ve watched almost every series of each of their channels.

For recopies, there are many great channels in my native language (Which is Sinhala) a channel called " Apé Amma" which translated into “Our Mother”, teaches about home cooking.

I also follow a lot of Indian and Korean channels, they have amazing variety of foods, and I already made many of them and tastes amazing too Love it.

And most of the times I just search on YouTube for specific food item I need to watch and watch the video with most views or most likes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah yes! I like Simon Sinek also! Jay Shetty I need to look into!

Okay will have to check these out!

Do you also watch Chef’s Table? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually haven’t heard of it so googled it. :smiley: A Netflix series, seems great. Thank you for mentioning it will find it and download. :partying_face:

Do you watch Master Chef, came across it very recently watched almost every episode of both Master Chef and Master Chef Jr. Since it’s in YouTube much easier to watch. :relieved:

Some of them can be a tad bit pretentious lol. Especially those with michelin stars. Not a big fan of tasting menus. Prob because I’m too poor to ever afford it lol.

I should!!! Friends keep telling me. Any episode you recommend the most?

1 Like

Mine is to read more on macroeconomics, statistics and, if possible, econometrics. Also to get a greater understanding of foreign exchange operations.

Well, since it’s a reality show the whole season is connected. They first select like 20 people and then keep cutting 2 or more people per episode based on their dishes. and on to the next round and so on.

For me personally, my favorite season is MasterChef US Season 4, So much talent and also drama. I really enjoyed watching that entire season. From MasterChef Jr. I loved Season 1, I couldn’t believe at their ages those kids are that talented. amazing to watch.

Your favorite Masterchef Judge? Mine so far was Graham. Aaron close second.

1 Like

Love Graham, What a creative guy, His deserts looks like Art. And such a nice guy too. I do like him a lot.

But I when it comes to favorite I gotta go with Ramsey. Without him it wouldn’t be the same. It’s his accent :relieved: and the way he articulates that’s really something. Yes, he can be a “bit” mean sometimes. But when it comes to knowledge and confidence about food. He’s awesome.

I first saw him on Hell’s Kitchen, Loved him since then. Really really good “Television Personality”

But When it comes to MasterChef Jr. He is such an amazing guy. The way he deal with the kids, a real and very nice mentor to them. it’s like two different personalities. Really like that about him.

1 Like

I haven’t seen a single MasterChef Jr. show yet. Now I’m dying to see Gordon deal with kids too. LOL.

Thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

Oh no it sounds stressful. X_x I don’t like drama and I don’t like it when the contestants are rushing and I also feel stressed lol. I get stressed watching GBBO sometimes HAHA.

1 Like

Ooh, you should check out season 3 though. There’s a blind chef (Christine Ha) in that season and her attitude & how she goes about doing her work is beautiful.

Not a fan of reality TV and the drama but that one Masterchef season was memorable for me.

2 Likes

That’s gangster!!! Talk about a
no-quit attitude!!

1 Like

What an amazing human being.