This Week's Question: During an Economic Downturn, What's the Best Financial Advice You Could Give Someone?

Lol yes. Also, I unfortunately hate bringing so much stuff with me especially cash/change, the convenience of just bringing my phone is unbeatable. But yes, I also agree that it is much easier to overspend since you don’t see where your money is going but if you have the discipline and already know how to deal with credit cards, I don’t see any issues.

1 Like

Good one good one!

Got it, thanks!

I was 17-18 years old in the mid-70’s, and in the UK inflation reached 24-25% !!! You need to run a tight ,budget, down scale your “must haves”, i.e basically do everythibf the FIRE gurus have been advocating
online for the last 10 years.

I am the same way. I realized how convenient my smartphone is. Movies, internet, contact info, phone calls, etc.

I had written so many notes in the note app, I started worrying about what would happen if I drop my phone and it breaks?

It your data is important, back it up. In the cloud or whatever. Prepare.

That’s part of the financial advice for economic downturn. Prepare in advance for disaster. During the good times, start stacking up your cash. When disaster hits, and the dust settles, cash rules. You could buy some investments for pennies on the dollar.

If you have enough cash, you might find someone who needs to unload part or even their entire portfolio. Now you can buy their portfolio cheap. But trying to get a loan in times like that are too slow. You gotta have cash in hand.

1 Like

Great advice. It’s coming soon for sure. I’m preparing for a terrible 2023.

Yup, same. I have mine automatically backed up to the cloud.

1 Like

I think it was Musk that recommended investing in the products that you believe in.
I would add to this to be a little bit visionary and think a couple of steps ahead.
Try to imagine what can gain popularity in terms of consumers’ behavior or global environment things like that.

1 Like