This Week's Question: How Long Did It Take Before You Opened Your First Trade?

Its took me 20min to join

Very good question. I guess I could say that I really heard about Forex Trading in 2015 but I was given bad advice from several people until around 2020 when I started seeing people trading and they were partially showing me how to trade but really they were not truly sharing how to trade.
I probably opened my first Live Account in 2018/2019 but I did not know what I was doing at all so I constantly gave back everything that I made and probably gave a lot more than I made.
If I could go back and do everything again, I would have thoroughly gone through BabyPips and took my time trying to find a mentor but the Forex world has more people making money off of the innocent versus training people on how to become traders.

1 Like

Got interested in trading, found me fond of it and opened my first paper trading account mid-2020 (to my great astonishement, cause I had always thought the whole matter was b*llshit scam…). Kept practicing again and again to find the perfect trading style to match my personality, to find a good strategy (which I learned from one of my mentors, adjusting it here and there) and to make a solid trading plan. Started with a real account only recently - January 2023. So far, I’m trading with a very small account cause I’m very cautious and I don’t want to rush. I have a bigger capital which I will use fully only gradually. So, I took 2 years and a half to start with real money. A very long time, but I’m very happy not to have taken shortcuts: I’ve learned a lot and I’ve seen quite different market conditions. Still learning, still at the beginning of my career, but I definitely enjoy it.

Took me about a few weeks. I wish I did it much sooner though but I suppose it doesn’t really matter since I’m still actively trading to this day.