Thought on the affect of trade war with China?

Not sure if this has been discusses before. I’m a bit worried about the on going tension between the U.S and China. Are you guys doing anything to prepare for such event even in the worst case…?

strong JPY and CHF since theyre considered “safe Haven” currencies. Weak US indices

We’re all able to trade for profits off the forex currency differentials as mentioned above - JPY, CHF up: AUD, NZD down. I have closed my long positions on US stock indices (but I try to resist shorting the Dow etc. - its usually futile to try to swim up a river).

I wouldn’t be investing in any Chinese (or Taiwanese) businesses right now but I never have anyway.

What other measures do you think might be necessary?

Hi guys, I am really concern about this war between this countries, we will have to wait what is going to happen

1 Like

Why be concerned? Does your job depend on US/Chinese trade?

US-CHINA Trade war is a very bad situation. Though being a Singaporean, I feel that it is not going to affect us much. The main reason why market has gone down is due to the noise created by news channel. And because of the same, investors are thinking to pull out their money from the market.

There is nothing to panic. Instead this is the right time to analyze and move ahead with investment.

If it continues we could see recesion because companies inolved in this war, like Huawei, have large multiplicator in their business.

That means if they colapse lots of other companies will colapse.

If you know about recesion/crisis cycles then it is familiar to you that large crisis comes every 80-90 years and “small” one every 8-10 years.

I hope we will not see again some crisis because lower developed countries, like Croatia, have a problem getting out forward from crisis when they happen.