Tickmill UK: An ongoing review

Tickmill UK sent me an email saying that had processed the withdrawal less than 30 min after the request. However, it can take up to 8 working days for the funds to hit my bank account - which is nothing to do with Tickmill, of course - and I need to wait for that to happen before I can confirm the sucessful transfer.

As for the amount, it was a four figure test sum, rather than my full trading balance.

0.1-0.3 on EURUSD during London-NY dealing. Use pro account to get lower spreads and fixed commission.

I checked my bank account today and I can see that the balance transfer from my Tickmill UK trading account has been received. So, it took about 30 min for Tickmill to process the request, and two days for it to reach my bank. I have no problem with that.

Overall, I’m satisfied with Tickmill UK. Their customer support is terrible, but the brokerage service works as advertised. I have found the low spread, commission based ‘Pro’ account to be exactly what I am looking for, as the smaller spreads make it easier for me to use tight stops when trading H1 movements. Next week I will be moving my trading balance over to my Pro account, as I feel my ‘due dilligence’ of the broker is complete.

While I’m happy to answer any questions people may have, I consider the review finished. I won’t be updating the thread further unless something changes.

One final note for anyone who has read this review and is considering a Pro account with Tickmill. When you open your account, you will be asked if you have an Introducing Broker (IB). If you do, and you enter that broker’s IB number, you get a permanent 5% discount on your commission payments for that account.

Now, I looked high and low for an Introducing Broker so I could get that 5% discount, as anything that reduces transaction costs is a good thing. For whatever reason, I couldn’t find one, which sucks. Now that I’ve decided to stay with Tickmill UK, I’ve also registered as an Introducing Broker, so if anyone wants an IB number for the discounted commissions, feel free to message me.

Full disclosure: IBs are ‘incentivised’ to recommend Tickmill. You can read all the details here. They actually want IBs to push the Classic account - the rewards for the Pro account are far lower - but you should still be aware of the potential conflict of interest associated with my offer of an IB number.

Regardless, I hope anyone considering Tickmill UK - especially new traders - finds this review helpful.

1 Like

Are you going to stay with them further or proceed to next broker test?

I’ll probably stay with them unless and until I have a reason to leave.

Changing brokers costs time and energy, and usually involves a loss of productivity as you take a reduced-risk approach in the first month. I won’t do that lightly.

My next move will probably be internal - I’d be interested in their VIP account once my trading balance hits 25k GBP.

How refreshing to see a trader who carries out due diligence before depositing money with a broker, I hope Newbies take note.

Great thread, Drekieyja, lots of good information

2 Likes

Sounds fair. What about your preffered trading sessions and instruments? Do you single out some favorite you keep your focus on or prefer diversify your bets?

I’m a big believer in fitting your trading to your personal circumstances, so I trade the London session and GBP crosses simply because that is my timezone and local currency.

I only trade crosses where the second currency has some kind of personal connection. I don’t feel that is strictly necessary; I just needed some kind of secondary filter to get down to four currency pairs. I could see adding another cross or two if I felt my current set was too limiting, but that has not happened yet.

i see, thanks. I feel your drive to simplicity in your trading and its really admiring.

Hello Drekieyja, Great post. I having been searching for a good broker - confused by all the different reviews out there. After reading your post, I have decided to go with Tickmill. Can you send me the referring broker code so I can get the 5% discount? Thanks.

Start from their no deposit bonus, a giveaway of 30$, though I don’t know maybe you are seasoned trader and know what you need from a broker…

Can we expect more insights on trading with this broker? Seems you’ve been to busy in trading, glad to hear what’s your progress with them.

You should try some honest brokers like IG, Avatrade, Triomarkets, or Pepperstone. All of them are Major league brokers, with HQ service.

1 Like

I heard Pepperstone is good. But Avatrade is slimy

I doubt we have try anything which hasn’t FCA regulation

Hi traders,

Tickmill recently announced its financial results for 2018.

The consolidated net profit in 2018 stood at $19.67 million, marking a surge of 33% in relation to the corresponding figure of 2017 which amounted to $14.81 million. The Group’s net trading revenue came in at $45.13 million, pointing to a 16% increase compared to the previous year.

Great broker with excellent performance and fair client treatment. They really deserve that!

Sorry for the very late response; I stepped away from the forum for a while.

I am still using Tickmill without issues. I did try Oanda for a while because they offered an account in CAD, which Tickmill does not. However, I couldn’t get past how much bigger the spreads were, and I came back to Tickmill.

I don’t know why the IB link didn’t work, but at this stage I don’t even know what my IB log-in details are, so unfortunately I’m not in a position to try again. I think that it is a shame that Tickmill has a programme like this but makes it so difficult to implement.

Have your tried to get the link from IB cabinet? I see lots of their promo materials there.

perhaps it was a new policy a few months ago for the EU, if I’m not mistaken