Time frame for beginners

Which time frame is good for beginners

1 Like

There is no best time frame tbh. It actually depends on your strategy, your trading style and such other factors. So one should use one that helps him perform the best analysis.

Agree with above there isnt one timeframe easier than the other its your mentality and the way youd like to trade. You shouldnt limit yourself to one at the beginning anyway demo lots of strategies from all timeframes and see what you prefer the most

As above I’m not sure there is a correct answer which I get is frustrating. Some might argue the higher time frames might be more beginner friendly as generally they will move slower than lower time frames.

1 Like

The use of time frame on chart is quite simple; to look at price history for easy analysis. some strategy requires you to check only price history for one day, others for few hours or minutes. So the question is; what is your strategy? How far back do you want to see? That should tell you what time frame to use.

1 Like

Higher time frame you mean like maybe I should start on one hour Time frame?

No I was referring to daily or 4hr at a push. Spend some time looking at a pair on different time frames to get a feel for the speed they move at. You will see what I mean.

1 Like

Thank you so much

1 Like

No worries mate

Like most folks here say, all timeframes will work depending on your strategy.

But for a beginner, start off with higher timeframes 1 hour or even a 4 hour timeframe. Lower timeframes tend to mess with emotions even with a perfect strategy, something every new trader struggles wit.

1 Like

After trading for around 3 years, I can tell that trading using higher time frames is far easier than trading using lower time frames as there is no noise and you can read the charts and deduct solutions quite easily.

I’m using 5-secons, however I’m writing software to handle that :upside_down_face: I’m also new to the markets and if I was doing traditional trading with charts and such then I would be looking into the Hour and 4-Hour times. It gives you time to think, to investigate, and to make a conscious decision. The quicker timeframes are high pressure and the decisions become irrational.

You could start with 1-hour may be. But actually, there’s nothing as best. Choose as per your trading style, strategy and preference.

There is no particular timeframe and most of it depends upon the strategy you’re using.

I’m a beginner entering into live trade for the first time and would like to know if there is the best time frame to live trade, or does it all depend on skills and strategy?

Start with the daily time-frame. Use D1 charts only. If you can make money that way, think about refining your techniques using H4 but still these are long-term trades on the daily time-frame.

Don’t go intra-day until you’re a consistent performer.

You must know that there is nothing like the best time frame for beginners. The choice of a time frame depends on your trading style and the strategies you are using. As a beginner, you can try out different time frames and find the one that works best for you.