Time Frames used for Swing Traders

which time frames should a short term swing (1 - several days) trader use?

I recently just read on pip school that one should use no more than 3 time frames? anybody in here use more?

Different time frames are just different ways of charting the same data. There is price and time. At one time, price is p(t) and at a later time price is p(t1). Whether you look at a minute, hour or daily chart, p(t1) will be the same.

I would recommend tose above 30m, I think 30m and below would better suit intra-day traders. Practice until you identify those that best suites you and the system you trade. I personally prefer D-4H-1H and eye the weekly occasionally.

hmm, I am experimenting with some stuff right now with the time frames, i find that 30 Min tells alot that H1 charts doesn’t. i also find H4 pretty useful.

So My preference so far is

30 Minutes, 4 Hours, and Daily, and I trade from 1 - couple of days. not more than a week. :cool:

very usful info :stuck_out_tongue:

What exactly does the M30 chart tell you that the H1 doesn’t?

I trade EUR/USD, and for 2 days, i have been comparing m30, to 1hour charts, and for both days, I have spotted more candlestick signals, that 1 hour charts does not give but 30 min charts shows clearly.

on the 30 min charts, i have seen early signals for reversal such as engulfing patterns, and Dojis, and box ranges.

30 Min charts basically breaks down the hour charts, in a more clear way. It is, in my opinion the lowest level a swing trader could go, without getting too many fakeouts, and hectic patterns, from the 15 min or below charts.

I understand. Thanks. Good luck.