Time to crack some pips ICT style!

That’s a thing of beauty PureMuscle - Well done! I finally took a trade even though I have no skill with Mikes tools. I (on the other hand) [I]bought[/I] EUR/USD thinking the market would be bullish on Spain’s bailout against the problems in the U.S. (The Market said "So what? Who cares what you think?)

I’ve been trying to figure out the equations for determining Position Size, Pip value and how my P/L is affected by spreads and so on and that’s why I decided to just enter a few trades and manually set S/L, T/P and learn to tighten my stops or just sit tight while it was going against me.

I won’t do it again. But it was week’s worth of study in two grueling hours. Can I ask you or anyone here a couple questions please?

I can’t find the Smart Money Tools and I don’t even know what to look for. Do they include Divergence Charts for Correlated pairs? Is it something MT4 will already do on it’s own?

Last question: Where’s Mike? If he does a Market Review on Chat or mirc or whatever, I don’t want to miss it. I thought he was planning to drop by this weekend but I don’t see any sign of his having been here.

Again, PureMuscle - [I]Great[/I] Trade.

Best,

Mike

Hahaha dude you have got to be the kindest soul on this forum! :smiley: Thank you for your kind words good sir! :slight_smile:

Please feel free to ask any questions you have - and I will endeavor to give you ICT’s answer :wink:

Mike gives a weekly market review video, but it’s generally recorded, not live. He posts it in this thread right on the very first post. He seems to be busy with a lot of cool stuff at the moment (i.e. new content for us), so he may be a bit scarce at times, but we understand of course!

Anyway, it is possible to set up MT4 to do the SMT tools, but it’s a heck of a lot easier to use the charts over at dailyfx.com. The chart here works like a charm. ICT explained how to use it a fair number of times, but unfortunately I can’t remember which reviews have it in them. Nevertheless, the gist of the SMT concept is that the one pair (EUR/USD or GBP/USD) will make a higher high while the other fails to do so, or, alternatively, a lower low, which the other fails to replicate. Similarly, if the USDX (US dollar index) makes a lower low whilst the foreign currency (EUR/USD or GBP/USD) fails to make a higher high, it again indicates a crack in correlation, and, consequently, a smart money divergence. Take a look at some examples that people post with their trades and you’ll see what I mean.

To set up your chart to identify these cracks in correlation, do the following:

• Load a 5minute EUR/USD chart (it works on different timeframes by the way, but M5 catches it fairly quickly)
  • Right click on the chart
  • Select “Relative to”
  • Select GBP/USD
    Now you can compare the highs and lows between the correlated pairs. Substitute one of the above with “USDOLLAR” and you can compare the lows to the highs and vice versa.

Anyway I will try to find the one where ICT explains it, he is the master after all :wink:

Hi,

Like PM mentioned, Netdania is great, but in case you are looking for a SMT tool within MT4, you can find an indicator named “Overlay Charts” in the ICT indicators package.

InnerCircleTrader Indicators.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Happy trading!

Updated my analysis for my trades today :slight_smile: I included some divergences there if you want to take a look :slight_smile:

This picture is telling me an interesting story :wink:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PureMuscle and FX,

Thanks guys! I have the torrent Clark put up and it seems to have everything - including the overlay chart, so I’ll start watching how that works.

Pure, are you using MT5? I’ve got Oanda’s MT4 which I’m starting to get familiar with but if you think MT5 is an important enough improvement, I’ll shift over.

I’m coming from a long ways back guys, but I’m old enough now to have learned a thing or two about how to not waste time. It’s just taking me a little longer to start getting some technical licks down - like you guys :slight_smile: The first thing that caught my attention in Mike’s material is that there are values that underlie the intent… I don’t care for the “sniper” aspect but I do appreciate the “giving with an open hand”. That takes [I]real[/I] power and Mike seems to have it. You two do also. :slight_smile:

If sniping isn’t for me, then [I]Intercepting[/I] will work [I]just fine[/I] :). Maybe I’ll change my user name from Pipowski, to The Interceptor… kinda cheesy but can you imagine standing next to an Intrabank Master when the money arrives and just [I]taking[/I] some of it before he can get it… Just smile and walk away… Hahahahahahahahah!!! Makes me scream and wiggle with pleasure.

So, MT5? Good or bad? And thanks for the kind words PM. Rather be a kind, wealthy old man than a bitter, rich pr*&^ck. :slight_smile:

Mike

Siick trade PureMuscle!

And thanks for the explanation on SMT divergence. That’s one thing I still don’t make use of. But seeing the huge move you caught, I am inspired to learn the technique.

Congrats again!

Reeled in another 64 pips today from the cable and now I am without a doubt closing shop for the week, having made almost 9% :smiley:

Please someone hit me in the head if I trade tomorrow!!!

Pair: GBP/USD
Bias: LONG
Entry: 1.5481
Exit: 1.5545
Result: [B]+64 pips[/B]

Are you serious! 9% in a week, it’s sickening the money we can make when we start increasing the pot. You smashed it man! And here’s mr thinking you were having a tough week lol

All 4 1, 1 4 All

Haha yep, All for one and one for all! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well Monday’s trade was the real saviour for me this week. If you look at myfxbook you’ll see I actually lost 2% yesterday with a bad trade in amongst all that mess in the fiber. Thus I should’ve actually been down to 1% at risk today… but the way the Judas swing pulled down perfectly into an OTE with the H4 market flow being long — lets just say I couldn’t resist :wink:

I took the exact trade
Entry 1.5486
Exit 1.5544

Only difference is I am down 4% this week.

I’ll have to check that out bro. I’m tempted to start a thread too so I can keep track of my trades and hopefully it will help others too, I think you done a good job here. Not sure how much I made in percentages this week, even though I’ve had 3 winners I’ve only been risking 1/2 of 1%, need to grow some balls lol

Do it bro! :smiley: What have you got to lose? :stuck_out_tongue:

Absolutely epic!

Awesome trading this week bro… The market was well and truly your b!$ch :smiley:

All for one and One for all :wink:

Hi,

New to this thread, but looking forward to follow your signals.

Thanks!!!

Top Shot Honours AGAIN! Can’t nobody hold you down!

you got 189 pips, ~PM you are such a copy cat! lol, can’t believe we made the exact same number of pips!

189 must be our lucky number lol

all 4 1, 1 4 all

shout out to the Dr! it must be your turn this week

Hahaha thanks bro, was a more than pleasant surprise to see my trade up there again :smiley: Thanks ICT! :smiley:

In retrospect I did still make a couple of glaring errors last week and it could’ve been so much better - but the lessons were learnt and I’m glad for that! :slight_smile: Results aren’t everything in this business it seems.

All for one and one for ALL!! :smiley: Pull out some 100 pip crackers boys!

You musketeers were at it again…
Congrats on your top shots :wink:
You guys are really killing it last few weeks man, im impressed :smiley:

N i cant make any promises that ill make top shot honors every few weeks, or even every few months… But you better believe ill be at the finish line with you two ready to spend our millions :wink:

All For One & One For All!

:57:

Hi,
I am new here. And i am interested in ICT indicator but when I try to click the attached link for ICT indicator. it asking for login. How can i download the file.

Thank you.

Hi dstliang

I think if you sign up for a free account it should let you download the file. Don’t worry, there is no charge or anything for it :slight_smile: