TOBY'S 600 SECONDS BREAKOUT SYSTEM ( Ratio 1:2)

On both my platforms TOS and FXCM I show an inside bar for today. 2/10/12 1.0794 high and low 1.0635 approx. Your number for Friday incorrect according to my charts.

The Eur/Usd also seems to be forming an inside candle! though it seems the trend has hit some resistance the 21 SMA seems to be flattening out…what do you think?

Toby,

I note a few things from below.

1. you have left out EURJPY and EURUSD, when you have the GBP pairs of these in. Why is this?? Because they are highly correlated (related?).
  2. also why do you choose the GBP pairs over the EUR pairs? I’m not sure about this since the EUR is trending up against the GBP so it may be the stronger for now…
  3. you didn’t take USDCHF. I have it as an inside bar, albeit marginal by like 2 pips.
  4. EURGBP is not in your original list. Do you think it should be? And at what TP AND SL?

Thanks

Quick question regarding how the orders are adjusted if a new signal comes up. For example a few days ago the USDCAD had an inside bar which has yet to be broken. A new IB has just formed. Do we leave that as the entry point from a few days ago? Or is the new sell order (for this pair) adjusted to the new bar-low + 5 pips?

As long as the SMA hasn’t changed direction, then yes, adjust order to the new bar. Order should always be the most recent inside bar as per rules, page 1. Yes, new bar ± 5 pips (sell/buy whatever).

hi wan, i’ve put already pending order for eurjpy and yes eurusd is inside bar aswell forget to mention! eurgbp tp100 and sl50, but be careful with your money management guys to many inside bars! good luck

ITS your choice soul, if you have enough money in your account you can take both of them, its really depend with your capitaL, BUT at the moment i suggest to take only one the new signal and try other inside bar pairs.

Yeah my idea was only to take one anyway. Just wanted to see how you handle them since you’ve been trading this system for a while. :slight_smile:

hi fxcm told me they only use ny close dont u guys use gmt+2.00. just trying to get set ? or can u use ny close for this set up and get same results. sorry if this has been answered before

That is what I use.

Hey Toby,
i just wanted confirmation from you that the following looked like they would form an inside candle but did not form

GBP/USD
AUD/USD
GBP/JPY

regards
Michael

Michael, they all DID form an inside bar and should be PENDING orders right now as per the rules. It just happens that the price action for today has so far been below their buy stop level so we are still waiting.

Slow start to the week for this method. I’ve got no trades triggered yet but it’s early days and slow and steady.

Hi Wand37,
below are the graphs of what i see, maybe i am making a mistake but it looks like the inside bars were not formed.
AUD/USD

GBP/USD

GBP/JPY

Michael, By those graphs alone, I agree you would not see an inside bar.

I suggest you set up a demo account with another forex broker and one that uses another timezone. Mine uses GMT and I believe this is the timezone thaT Toby uses.

This may be the issue that I discussed many pages back. If u use a broker from another time zone then the bars may not close with the same lengths as someone that uses say GMT. This could well be the case if there’s big price action at the finish or start of a candle day…
You follow what I’m saying?
So just as a trial I suggest you compare those graphs to another broker and try and get a broker in GMT (just google). GMT + 2 hours or so is also ok from what I saw.

That’s my only idea of what could be happening here. If your broker already is GMT then anyone else with an idea speak up?

Who’s your broker, michos? Market makers (aka bucket shops) determine their own price movements, unlike ECN/STP brokers who are connected to the forex market. So you may see some discrepancy between charts from a market-maker and an ECN/STP broker.

michos that looks more like ny close except for sunday-my trading was on ny close - just organising different acc to see same as in here

thanks kingkaviar- opened an account with fxcm and go - but different candles high and low both gmt +2.00

Hi KingKaiver,
I am Using the AAAFx demo service! and apparently, they are according to Forex Brokers | Forex Brokers | ECN | Forex MetaTrader Broker, they are an NDD broker. does this also affect my graphs?

i checked on the on FXpro and they all were inside candles, i am definitely shifting to FXpro which is also an ECN Broker! it also disregards the sunday candle!

im in the GBPJPY trade. Anyone else? currently up a modest +8 pips and its floating around a bit.