TOBY'S 600 SECONDS BREAKOUT SYSTEM ( Ratio 1:2)

Thanks for answering my question.
Another one though :slight_smile:
Toby said that the close time of the day candle is 00:00 GMT. I use Oanda and I think that they have 0:00 EST as candle close time…do you guys have this issue? And how do you overcome it? As I suppose it can give different signals…

Yeah I use Oanda to place my trades but I use Fxpro to decide which trades to take.

I take it Fxpro has the “correct” closing time for the inside bars :slight_smile:
Thanks for that.

anyone else looking at gbp/jpy gbp/usd nzd/jpy .

Current orders:
Long GBP/USD @ 1.5755
Short GBP/JPY @ 1.2242
Short USD/JPY @ 1.06

Using FXPro to Determine trades, using OANDA as my broker. I like using fxpro as it removes weekend bars.

Had a month off, unfortunately missed alot of ib’s.

Hmmm, not sure why you’re trading GBP/USD as the 21 sma looks flat to me. GBP/JPY is little better.

Can you tell me what is your win/loss ratio so far with this strategy? Thanks.
I understood that you use FXpro data…which is GMT+2 correct?

Poseidonn,

Been trading this (demo) since middle of Feb. 43 trades (44th currently still open). I have had 22 wins and 21 losses. But the point is the risk:reward ratio is 1:2.

And yes I use FXPro to determine when to enter trades, but I use Oanda to actually place my trades.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that…I will start to demo this on IBFX data…which is GMT+0 vs FXpro GMT +2
We’ll see how it goes

correct me if im wrong but this is “[B]Dean Saunder’s 10 Minute Forex Wealth Builder[/B]” method.the rule is 100% the same.i have the pdf but the website not available :54:

http : // www . gigaflat . com / books / dean - saunders–10-minute-forex-wealth-builder-pdf-ebook-2008-4401944 /

This is the one
Toby is just a copycat :smiley:
But system is just great
Works awesome so thanks Toby for making people know about it

Hi, I’m new to this thread, planning on giving the system a try. What’s happened to Toby? Not seen a post from him for a while.

Hi All,

I have started to demo this system, using IBFX. Started on September 13th, and had since 4 consecutive losses. Anyone having similar experience, or am I doing something wrong? :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Sascha

How’s everyone doing here? Hope you guys are all millionaire by now!! Anyway nice to be back here!

Good day

I am liking the sound of this method anyone still using it…

Toby a quick question, my broker for instance is for USDJPY 99.539, am i correct in saying 100 pips from there is 100.539?

I think I dont make enough profit as when I say 100 thought it was 99.639, this is not 100 pips am I right? sorry for the dmb question.

also it looks like and inside bar going to form on USDJPY, is this looking positive for the long trade?

Also another dumb question, when you have an inside candle you place it 5 pips away from the top or the bottom, do you place it away from the close of the candle or th e lowest or highest wick of the cANDLE?

[QUOTE=“Icequebe;528943”]Good day

I am liking the sound of this method anyone still using it…

Toby a quick question, my broker for instance is for USDJPY 99.539, am i correct in saying 100 pips from there is 100.539?

I think I dont make enough profit as when I say 100 thought it was 99.639, this is not 100 pips am I right? sorry for the dmb question.

also it looks like and inside bar going to form on USDJPY, is this looking positive for the long trade?

Also another dumb question, when you have an inside candle you place it 5 pips away from the top or the bottom, do you place it away from the close of the candle or th e lowest or highest wick of the cANDLE?[/QUOTE]

Hi Icequebe.

Answer to your question: place the buy stop 5 pips plus spread away from the highest wick. That way you get some kind of confirmation that the price is going your way.

I started demo this system last week. So far I got 1 winner 1 looser and I am in with the USD/JPY. As per the rules buy stop 100.166 SL 99.666 TP 100.166. Currently this one on the green side.

For close candle later on I see the following opportunities

EUR/USD 21 sma seem some kind of flat. Let see at the close of the candle
USD/CHF long
GBP/USD long

I just read the the entire forum and the risk/reward of 1:2 is the key of the success of the system. I saw one post of a win rate of just 50% and the account went up by 21% in 5 months. As Toby said every win rate over 35% is a profit.

Looking forward to hear from you Icequebe.
Mario

Hi Toby. Excellent system, thanks for sharing. I read the entire thread waiting to see your second system. Are you going to post it here or did you write it at another thread?

Mario

Hi

YEs I actually got into the USDJPY also and it is running in the green aswel, although I put a trailing stop of 20 pips on it just to be safe though and see how it goes…
I am actually also looking at these 3 currencies and hoping to place pending orders by tonight lets hope they stay as an inside candle.

I think it might even be a good idea to stay on this thread and see where it takes us and update eachother maybe on the coming of the inside candles though… hows that sound?

JP2012

If the EURUSD closes and is an inside candle is this going to be a short though?? Set my sell stop maybe and see if it goes as it is very close to the 21 SMA

Icequebe

Yes, to keep in touch using this thread sounds pretty good.

Regarding the EUR/USD as I said before I see it kind of flat. I included in the chart a 14 SMA and the 14 SMA is going down so yes, in case I get into it, would be short. The charts I use are from the meta trader for IPad and they close the daily candle at the end of the NY session, so at 1600 EST I place my trades. I am not sure if I will take the EUR/USD, lets wait.

Regarding the 20 pips trailing stop, I don’t think is a good idea; because you are risking less but also limiting the profits and changing the risk/reward ratio. I am not saying you should not use the trailing stop, just my point of view. It would be nice to see if the trailing stop help you someway.

See you