TOBY'S 600 SECONDS BREAKOUT SYSTEM ( Ratio 1:2)

Hi! Yea the 21 SMA seems to be going up, but i dont see a inside candle on GBP/JPY :confused:

I see an inside bar on my chart (IBFX).

I have pending orders for both the GBPJPY and AUDJPY, but I will be watching these closely since it looks as though they may be ready to reverse.

I was thinking about that GBPJPY trade but i see the SMA 21 going flat at this point.Previous few days were slightly up but its mostly flat now. Mind you iā€™m viewing from mt5 on my iphone. perhaps back on a computer mt4 it looks like its still going up? regardless, a rule at the start was to trade with the trendā€¦hmmā€¦SMA 21 flat to me, so no trend. Hence maybe why your keeping an eye on it Jonah

i have not entry GBP/JPY coz of same reason-----flat

I use a 14 SMA as suggested by King Kaivar at the beginning of this thread. So, for me it is up. Sorry for any confusion.

I wouldnā€™t trade the GBPJPY. The MA looks flat on my monitor.

AUDCAD has a nice inside bar and the MA is bullish. The only problem is 1.06700 - 1.07000 would be a major resistance zone.

how did you go with this methodā€¦?

if you use 14 SMAā€¦it will be looked an uptrendā€¦dont you use 14 SMA?

On my charts the 14 SMA for the GBPJPY is definitely up (see attached).

Donā€™t see an inside bar on the AUDCAD, but I definitely agree about the trouble area. This is an all time high area. Would be nice to see an inside bar there in a downtrend though.

You can use a 14 SMA if you want. It is more aggressive and it does indeed show an uptrend. Thereā€™s no ā€œrightā€ or ā€œwrongā€ answer. I did use a 14 SMA at the start of the thread but Iā€™ve moved to a 21 and 8 EMA as Iā€™m using multiple strategies.

Strangeā€¦ I see an inside bar on the AUDCAD.

Jonah, I think the reason why you dont see an inside bar on the AUDCAD is because your broker displays Sundays open at 5pm as a serparate bar. Where as it looks like kingkaivars broker combines Sundays bar with mondays bar. Therefore mondays bar is wider (it just so happened sunday traded higher than monday), making tuesdays bar come inside the sunday/monday barā€¦

This is precisely the point i was trying to make a few pages back. Its the reason why same may or may not see an inside bar forming over friday/sunday/monday and tuesdayā€¦

The best way to deal with it i think is to include sundays bar with mondays bar if your broker splits themā€¦but iā€™m not sure on this nor have i tested it, it just seems like this is the way Tobyā€™s broker has done it (again not sure)

You are absolutely right. If I combine the bars it would be an inside bar. I have been completely ignoring Sunday bars up to this point.

Yepā€¦and its got us in a bit of a dilemma, lolā€¦what to do with Sundays bar?? Toby??..

ignore the sunday bar

Sill do respect but Iā€™m not sure you have been ignoring it as such because if you go back a few pages I posted about how I had entered the usdchf trade simply because I did not consider the Sunday candle. The Sunday candle back in that case would have added to the bottom of the Monday candle giving a further buffer away from the Tuesday candles price action. Since I was in this trade and Toby and others were not, to me it meant they had added the Sunday candle
On, or not even noticed it was already included in the Monday candle because their broker already includes it.
Take from this what you will. Based on what Iā€™ve seen I think Iā€™ll now include the Sunday candle as an addition to the Monday.

Enough of that.

Anyone else in the audcad just started a few hours ago. Currently down 10 pips but the sma21 shows good up trend. However, note serious resistance at this level. Itā€™s a high from at least the middle of last year. So I may take profit on this early if it gets there.

to those have pending order gbpjpy (buystop) pls be careful, the trend is flat and remember the first friday of the monthā€¦ hope you know what i mean ā€¦ good luck guys!

if you have order running and positive at least 50+ from now, pls move your stoploss to breakeven ā€¦ to keep you safe until friday, (this is only my thought dont take action if you dont want to.) cheers

BOOM!!! 120 pips gbp usd.

Got too! Nice one!

I also just took an early exit on AUDCAD at 10 pips because itā€™s at a long time resistance level. Even still it seems to be holding up there but I wasnā€™t risking it. Hindsight maybe shouldā€™ve just move my stop loss to break even?