Too old to trade forex?

Forex requires attention, dedication, analysis skills and patience. If you have those and you are disciplined enough to follow your trading plan, let age not be the limiting factor to your success. You can rock the forex world at any age. Just get a strategy and have good money management skills and you’ll be good to go

Exactly, it is! Best wishes; Happy learning mate! Keep us updating.

Welcome! Hope; you are working hard on learning;

No, there is no certain age limit of engaging in forex. We all have the similar entree to this forex market. But yes, you will require adequate trading understanding which can help you to achieve your trading objectives. And you can take help from this forum as it is one of the most reliable forex forums today that is ensuring well structured trading lessons.

It is never too late to learn new things, the most important thing is that you have to have a basic training, for which you need to invest time and money.

Arteng you are nowhere near too old. Its about time you changed mentality (and I know I’ve been there). Watch and read some of Gary Vee’s stuff. He will put you right! :wink: YouTube

I started trading two years ago at 62. It has taken a while and I still don’t have the Bentley parked outside but I do make profits albeit not as large as I would like. I read and learn every day and feel that I know more than some of the so called gurus I see on line. Most importantly, I have focus for the day ahead.

Essentially, If you’re still breathing it’s not too late.

Good luck.

I m 4o not too far behind you and mastered in 6 months, trading is 80% psychology and. 20 charting etc…
age is just a number go for it but train yourself, control your emotion, read the educational stuff on babypips and set your goals!!!

1 Like

alot u have read and many posts with sincerity from this forum members. your journey of 63yrs will have bagged alot of life experiences but im sure you can suceed with your kind of background.
i need not tell knowledge and practical hands on is foremost, hence graduate from babypips school first demo for atleast 4-6 months before u put your scarce money on the line.
take enough time to learn risk and money management if you want your trading account to withstand the test of the BULLS & BEARS.
All said i know u can suceed .BUT practice practice practice and PRACTICE.
PLS GET A MENTOR if possible
the best of luck from a fela

1 Like

For me there is no age limit, so long you can comprehend things and can use a laptop or a phone then you have no problem in joining the market.

Age is no barrier buddy. Just train and demo first :slight_smile:

Old?? You call 63 old…your still a young man in this day and age!! Plenty of time and opportunity…wish you the best!!

1 Like

This. Can’t agree more!

I am many years older than you
Go ahead!

Check out Ingot threads… he developed a couple great systems.

Good luck!

1 Like

Yes you are! What the hell, there’s always greeter at Walmart jobs. At 63, I won’t be too old to trade Forex, shred on skateboards, MX bikes or drive race cars, but that’s just me. My secret; I never listened to other lame asses who to tell me I can’t do what I want to do because I’m too young, too old, too heavy, too light, etc.

2 Likes

I’m just the right side of 69 and started looking into fx a year ago. I followed the very sound advice given on this forum; did the Baby Pips school for 6 months, read everything I could; did the Demo for 6 months and then went live about a month or so ago. It’s right what they say…going live is so very different from demo. But. Doing the school and the demo and living, eating, sleeping and reading fx, gave me the confidence to make the transition.
I started small with €500 and made a couple of nice trades first off. Then disaster with 2 margin calls (all down to poor management with position size). I managed to get out of the huge mess with a little bit more money and closing open positions. Big lesson learned…walk away for a day or two and don’t get too cocky/greedy, The money I put in has now grown a little bit (and long may it continue to do so). Not only does the money come in handy but the time taken learning new disciplines and brain exercise have given me a new interest that has surprised me. Main advice:- Study, study study, then practice practice practice. Forex is a fascinating topic and I love it! (can’t say the wife is that keen on it though).

1 Like

Age has nothing to do with it… actually that’s not true I think you have a better chance of succeeding when you’re older! :slight_smile: my father stated at 65 actually when he retired and now at 75 he’s still making a nice side income (besides his pension) I even gave him some money to grow for me which he did and later he thought me his trading technique which works quite nicely to this day … in his pursuit to learn he came across several Bill Williams videos on youtube and he ended up learning and mastering BW Fractals strategy … the reason for learning those particular strategies was because BW looked already old in those videos and my dad thought all the “new” stuff would be too hard for him to learn and that he needed to learn from the “old guy” inadvertently not realizing he learned pure gold from one of the Forex trading Godfathers! LOL so learn away! Have fun! And make money! :wink:

1 Like

Agree that we’re never to old to learn. As a side question, when /why do people stop trading?

Well said Ingot54 ! If I had my time again as well… the money that I have spent has cost me my home renovation

You’re not dead yet, love! Keep trying. With good education and practice, you can achieve that and more.