Top 10 Trading Lessons from 2007

Happy Holidays! At DailyFX, we always say that we are [B]Traders First and Analysts Second[/B]. Each and every one of the Analysts on the DailyFX Team actively trade in the markets and we wanted to take this opportunity to share with you, real trading lessons that we have learned this past year.

Let us know what you think about these trading lessons on the DailyFX Forum . Post your comments in the Q&A Thread
[B]Lesson # 1: Don’t Ignore the Warning Signs[/B]
[B]
[/B]

[B]Lesson # 2: Don’t Be Right in Your Analysis, but Miss the Trade[/B]
[B][/B]

[B]Lesson # 3: Trust Your Methodology[/B]
[B][/B]

[B]Lesson # 4: Take the Time to Find the Best Trade, Don’t Rush Into It[/B]
[B][/B]

[B]Lesson # 5: Don’t Ignore Signals from Other Successful Trading Strategies[/B]
[B][/B]

[B]Lesson #6: Always be Aware of the Bigger Picture[/B]
[B][/B]

[B]Lesson #7: Know When to Cut Your Losses[/B]
[B][/B]

[B]Our Last 3 Trading Lessons are Kernels of Wisdom from Jamie Saettele and Antonio Sousa:[/B]

[B]Lesson #8: Markets can be Wrong for a Very Long Time[/B]
Just take the example of how rate cut expectations went from pricing nothing at in July to 4 rate cuts before year end as the credit market conditions started to reveal how bad the housing market was doing. – [I]Antonio Sousa[/I]

<em style=""></strong>
The perfect example is the obvious forecasts for $100 oil and the EURUSD hitting 1.50 by the end of the year. – [I]Jamie Saettele[/I]

<em style=""></strong>
This lesson reminds me of a quote from Reminiscences of a Stock Operator. It is advice that an old broker gives to Larry, he says…“If I am walking along a railroad track and I see a train coming towards me at sixty miles an hour, do I keep walking on the ties? Friend, I sidestep. And I do not even pat myself on the back for being so wise and prudent.” - [I]Jamie Saettele[/I]
Let us know what you think about these trading lessons on the DailyFX Forum . Post your comments in the Q&A Thread