TopClint's Arrival

Hi everyone! I am Clint Aribs. I am a forex and options trader from Warri, Nigeria. I started learning to trade since early 2016. I have not yet began using real money though. I am still practicing demo accounts. I have blown my demos on a couple of occasions.

Over the past three years, I’ve not really been consistent on forex. However, when I did give trading some attention, I spent a lot of time looking for trading patterns and indicator combos, basically just the technical analysis aspect.

I’ve always felt alone and kinda lost. Almost like everyone else knows so much but here I am, I didn’t even know what a “pip” was until i Googled it just yesterday. I’ve always tried to learn on the go. I learn by trial, error, and research.

I know I have a lot to learn. Few months ago, I started to try and understand what this industry is truly all about beyond just what I’m seeing on the charts in my trading account. I learned about the role of the Commercial & Investment Banks, Central Banks, Hedge Funds, Businesses & Corporations, Retail traders, etc. I also learned about the Market opening and closing time, market gaps, Economic Calendar and so on.

The more I learned, the more I realized how blind I’ve actually been in this industry since I started. My goal is to build my knowledge of the industry and learn to apply the right disciplined approach to trading that will improve my chances for making consistent profits from forex/options trading. I am more than willing to learn more and I know I’ve got what it takes to achieve consistent trading success. I am happy to be here at BabyPips.

If you

how come its taken 3 years to learn what a pip is?

4 Likes

That’s because I started trading immediately I stumbled upon options trading. You know, I was really naive. It looked easy at first, I mean, isn’t it just “up or down”? How hard could it be, right? So, I just knew nothing about the basics.

I’m really still surprised that I haven’t known what a pip is until yesterday, it’s funny. I’m sure there are many other terms that I’m still not aware of.

I think I have to go through the babypip school. Right now, I feel like I’m way ahead of myself.

Welcome to baby pips! Check out the school of pipsology it’s a real help when learning!

welcome mate. i think the most basic thing you have to know before forex trading is what a pip is. otherwise, you will not understand if you are winning or not. have you read the babypips school? good luck with your trading.

1 Like

if it’s something you’re serious about then make sure you find time everyday to study the charts, but start by going through the Pips School first to learn the basics.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Clint! I hope you’re already on the School of Pipsology. It’s a great place to learn the basics of forex trading. Good luck and happy learning!

@baemax023 Yes. I am. Thanks