Total Newbie and did my first demo breakout trade

I just finished my school of pipsology and decided to experiment last night with EUR/USD pair. I saw a sweet uptrend on an hourly chart and a triangle in making which was breaking the trendline. I accurately predicted it as a fakeout and decided to go long. Although I went in early, but when I woke up in the morning I made somewhere around 80 pips. Kind of happy now, it could have been more but anyways I am ready to experiment with other tools now.

1 Like

Congrats and keep going. Eventually you’ll get rid of the “could have been more” mindset because you’ll have developed as a trader to where you know what price you want to get in, and where you want to get out (for loss or profit). The idea is to not waste any energy whatsoever on the “could have been” and just focus on what you did right, and how you can apply that like a robot time and time again (aka discipline). Before you ever enter any position, two things need to be known with 100% certainty (where you will get out if the position moves against you, and where you will get out if it moves for you).

1 Like

Thank you very much.