Toxic flow and illegal trading methods

hello,
i have two questions
im just wondering what gets you branded as a toxic trader and how do brokers rank them
the second question is what is the illegal methods of trading that the broker will shutdown the account for using it
thanks,

1 Like

I have got no idea but man does that question just describe my current state of mind, or what?
I also wonder about these things. Sometimes, when I think about all I’ve been through and learned in forex, I become more afraid of success than failure.

However, I can imagine there’s a way the brokers can view live statistical data of traders using various factors, and perhaps apply risk management to regulate traders.

Hello @letstradefam I’ve recently did a bunch of research on different brokers to determine which ones I’d open an account with. One thing that I saw some brokers had in common was that there’s a minimum time limit for opening and closing a trade. Basically, some don’t allow scalping in under, let’s say 2 mins. ( I forget the exact number since I’m not a scalper) but when you read the brokers trading policies, which are the long 28 pages of boring but useful information, you’ll find the do’s and donts of each brokerage. MUST READ the policies!

I know for sure that price manipulation is illegal. To stay on the right side of the law, avoid anything that goes in that direction. Apart from that, many brokers do not allow scalping, and every broker has rules and regulations for trading. Ensure you stay informed for right decision making

2 Likes

i still believe there is something we are missing, because im pretty sure whoever is making money is being tagged as toxic… call it a hunch but there is a missing loop in all of this

Some brokers do not allow scalping, so ensure you inquire from your broker if you intend to be a scalper in your trade. Every broker has policies and terms/conditions for working,ensure you go through them before you sign up, so that you do not land on the wrong side of things

1 Like

Every broker has terms and conditions for trading, which is why it is wise to sign up with a regulated broker. That way, you can have something to turn to in case of a dispute. Most brokers do not allow for scalping, so ensure you do your homework well

What I know is that price manipulation is ILLEGAL! It happens to be one of the quickest ways of getting rich in forex, but you can spend years behind bars if tracked down. To be on the safer side, ensure you go by the rules and regulations of your broker. Brokers also have penalties for defiance

Interesting question I know where your coming from that successful traders are froned and scorned upon by brokers .
Previous posters talk about the consequences of price manipulation and scalping .
Is it possible for us retail traders to exploit scalping so much as to hurt a broker ?

Scalping is something I haven’t even tried or demod even .
It’s a strategy a lot want to learn espicaclly new traders !

Brokers also want to make profit, which is why they are in the forex market. So if you want to use dubious means to become rich, especially at the expense of your broker, you’ll definitely face the music. Either way, ensure you read your broker’s policies in advance. As boring as they always are, you can save a lot by being informed

I’m confused. How can Traders manipulate price when the price is set by the broker?

1 Like

It becomes increasingly harder to be toxic traders because brokers constantly improve their servers so you won’t have a chance to exploit consistent latency advantage or trade off-market, because generally liquidity is quite stable (except probably recent TRY instability but many brokers switched it off). Classic notion of toxic trader known from stock markets is inapplicable to FX because you don’t have access to market book and thus can’t manipulate it making toxic orders.

Thrs absolutely NO WAY for a trader to manipulate forex prices. If there was, I would be deep in it, lol, and so would half of the population.

Unless you know something that I have never heard of.