Trade.com reviews on thematic portfolios

Wow, so much information since my last visit:)
So do you say it is better to trade shorter term?

Hey guys! But don’t you get a stocks after futures expires?

Shorter term is just better for futures. But some traders do the same with stocks though.
Zheasef, you do, but the expiry date should be set before dividends are paid, if we talk about investing.

Sounds a little bit complicated. I see the futures’ advantage, but I assume it is much easier to buy stocks. On the other hand, if you want to diversify your funds like that, you can simply get a copy trading service at Trade. com, find yourself a trader who trades with the strategy you’ve mentioned and copy its trades.

I see the benefits of copy trading, but I think portfolios are better. You know all the types of assets that your portfolio consists of, so it seems to be more controlled or something like that.

But active trading brings more profit than just investing

Yep, that’s why some traders diversify their funds for investing and trading/copy trading. You simple have two money flows and that’s perfect way of diversification.

It seems to me also that Trade. com portfolios are more preferable because you can simply analyze them. I mean Gold Trend portfolio consist of gold, surprisingly:) And, potentially you can be aware of the gold situation as an asset, thus predict the success of the portfolio to some extent.

I thought about this correlation, but portfolios are the compilation of various assets, not just gold alone. So your analytics are kinda useless.

You have some point though. The portfolios that include big percentages of fixed income for instance, depend on the interest rates. Therefore you can expect a certain behavior from them monitoring rates and act accordingly.

Portfolios are very close to ETF’s in that way, I guess

Kind of, but the latter includes the assets from one area, while portfolios could consist of assets with different direction in order to balance it.

Yep and that’s why they are called “thematic portfolios”.

So I guess it has more advantages compared to ETF if there are different assets included for balance?

I would say it is just different things. But the assets included for balancing others is a big advantage for sure.

So how do you think, is portfolio a better option for an unstable times like nowadays?

That depends on better than what?

My bad, I meant is it better than simple trading or investing in different assets?

Well trading and investing is different things. But if we are talking about buying assets for long term then I guess it is better to have a portfolio, because it is diversed.

Maybe you are right. But on the other hand you can buy different assets in proportions. However you going to need the knowledge and skill for such custom diversification. It is much easier to have a prebuilt portfolio.