Trade.com reviews on thematic portfolios

Yeah, you’ve got to seize the moment in thing like these. You know, both active trading and investments are often like that: you either manage to do the right thing when there is an opportunity, or you … are on the losers side

arrr, a bit stressed about the situation, yet, I can disagree with the statement.
Market is full of opportunities, there is always another one around the corner.

You know, I am currently reading “The Zurich Axioms” by Max Gunther and I fund one of the ideas quite surprising and sound.
We all are being told here that we must control the risks, but there is another side of the issue. The idea of the book is that in order to win on the market you not only have to be able to take risks, but you also need to RISK ENOUGH so that the reward is worth the effort.
The thought stroke me and I think it has something to do with your discussion here guys.

Exactly! Not only you have to control the risks, but TAKE THEM too. No risks, no profits. It’s like what happened with ZOOM this year. We all knew it will go up, when the lockdown’s started and businesses started paying ZOOM for unlimited time conferences. But who of us here has bought at least one stock?

Unfortunately broker requires several thousand euros of initial deposit to start investing seriously via portfolios. Or maybe I’m missing smth and there are some investment method that can do with a smaller depo?

To tell the truth, normally the portfolios start at five-digit numbers of initial investment. So I don’t even know what to advise.
But I think that once they open new portfolios, they start with smaller amounts, around 1-2 thousands, sometimes a bit more than that.

When one can’t invest in portfolios or access professional asset management, one should start thinking about individual stock portfolio that he can control himself.

Well, I don’t really want to get obsessed with trading (I’m afraid trading stocks can take too much of my time that my family might want to get), but on the other hand there are only two solutions here that I see:

1. I can keep saving money and invest when I have 10K on account
  2. I can invest now via some regular account here, not an investment portfolio.
    Both solutions have some pros and cons.
    oh, actually there is one more solution - wait for some new portfolios (thnx for letting me know about this option! but i think it might take a while of a waiting time and secondly, I might not want to invest in some new portflio because of its specifics)

I forgot to mention one more important thing that you might want to consider.
You see, traders that don’t really want to trade - they are the best traders in fact. They don’t hunt for emotions, they want to make money, that simple! And this is the best quality that a trader can posess.
So when I read you’ve said you don’t really want to get obsessed with trading, I thought but forgot to tell you - man, you might have a great career of an active daytrader ahead. LOL

Ahahah, dang, I knew something was wrong with me. So that’s the trick! I’ve got the capability to trade actively, but I don’t want to. What a pity!
Seriously, no, I don’t think I can cope with that. I’m a man of non-complicated decisions and step by step instrutions. I’m one of tbhose guys that read manuals LOL
Trading is a very complex think and thousands of factors got to be considered simultaneously. I simply don’t suit this kind of an activity.

I agree! You simply can’t succeed much in something you don’t LOVE DOING. If you don’t like active trading, you shouldn’t try. Better choose some asset manager (Trade.com or not, that doesn’t matter much) - and let them do the job.

I don’t mean to argue with your decisions.The freedom of choice is something that I strongly believe in.
Nevertheless, all that you say does not contradict my theory.
Active trading does not necessarily assume complex decisions and hyperinvolvement in the process. Vice vera! That can be a very simple strategy that you only need to follow. That simple!
The trouble with most of the traders that I know of is that they love to think they are very smart and active. They try to control everything and react fast on each market move. And that doesn’t work. Following one simple strategy can bring LOTS more money than investing tons of effort in struggling with the market. Did you ever try laying on the water surface? If you don’t struggle and brreath like you normally do - you float above the water. If you panic, do chaotic moves and STRUGGLE - you sink. The same thing happens with trading.

Huh, I like the analogy :smiley: Even feel like registering a daytrading account with trade. com instead of regretting I’m not in their thematic portfolios.

Well, I have decided not to rush into portfolio investments with Trade.com. It’s because my relatively small capital and lack of experience.

So, are you going to break up with Trade.com?

No, I’m not going to do this. Trade.com absolutely suits me when it comes to CFD investing. I can profitably trade with various assets, such as indices, currency, stocks and crypto, etc using leverage. At least, I know how to do this.

Have you ever considered borrowing money for asset management with Trade.com?

It makes no sense. With $1k, I can do something with CFDs

You are absolutely right. Not a good idea to invest what you don’t really own.

CFD trading with this broker seems to be promising, so I will focus on it. As for investments with Trade.com, perhaps, I’ll get back to this once I learn more and have substantial capital.