Trade.com reviews on thematic portfolios

You relied on this toy too much and it was a good lesson for you. I’m glad that you avoid big losses. Approach everything you see on chart with a cold mind and you will achieve much better results.

Nevertheless, I saw that it makes sense to use Spider because it works fine on some charts. I realized that I need to be more attentive.
I want to tell that in this light trade com portfolio investments do look more attractive.

D’you have funds for this?

No, I’m not going to split my depo to allocate a part to portfolio investment. However, I don’t exclude that in the future I will start earning money with the broker.
I came to one page of the broker’s site and tried to learn more about custom portfolios. The more I read the more confused I became. A typical portfolio offered by the broker is made up of equities - about 65%.
Top Down

I have no idea about the rest, such as real estate, alternatives. I need time to learn more about. As for now, I have a temporary solution. Since most of the portfolio is presented by equities, I decided to choose some stocks and trade them in the long-term. So, it will be my first portfolio but maybe I’ll get back to a read-made portfolio product after sometime. It’s still interesting to me.

I tried to trade stocks but smth snagged in the process and I had to quit it. Maybe it’s going to be much better once I start portfolio investment. Too much fundamentals is what I can hardly endure.
Maybe I was in low spirits and once I will try it next time I will achieve better results. I will not give up the idea of trying portfolio investment but I already see that trading stocks separately is not a very good idea for me.

You could have traded stocks without fundamentals. I mean you could have used technical analysis only.

I tried that approach but I didn’t like that stocks are not so good to trade with Spider. Stocks are more trendy assets while Spider is better suited to work in a range.
I have recently tried nearly all CFDs with this broker and nearly all of them are good to trade with Spider, except for stocks.

Maybe it is time to forget Spider and try a completely different approach to Trading. no one can rely on an indicator there ARE other OPTIONS…!!!

1 Like

Agree with A1lenTrader.

Don’t overestimate this indicator. It’s not perfect. I think that you’d better draw range lines on your own instead of relying on what this indicators offers. This ready-made decision makes you lazy and you don’t stimulate your imagination which is very crucial in trading.

I’m gradually trying to drift away from Spider. Yeah, I noticed that it makes me lazy because I started to rely on it too much, while very often it lets me down.
I noticed when I draw channel lines on my own, it’s getting more interesting to trade because I resolving another puzzle on my own and it gives me pleasure.

You are doing right. I can give you a good example. When students jot down a lecture, some folks think they are doing a stupid job but in fact this way they memorize what they are taught much better. When you draw channel lines on the chart, you focus on it, while Spider gives you a ready-made solution, which is not always right.

That’s right. I tried it on many stocks provided by the broker and I’m going to try this on other assets too. Drawing lines distracts me from portfolio investment more but this idea is still interesting to me.

someone knows whether trade.com has affiliate program? can’t find anything =/

I haven’t heard about it and didn’t succed to google it. Though you were too lazy to google… :smiley: Seems not.
I think you can write to their customer service and find out information about it.

usually, brokers places partnerships program in separate point of the website. But trade.com has wide range of services and seems because of that - they don’t have it. Anyway, I can confirm that support service is great and respond quickly. So better to ask directly to the broker.

Thanks. Will do it. Impressive range of services is one of the reasons I considering affiliate program. Seem you don’t need to prove anyone about trustworthy of broker :slight_smile:

I wonder if there could be any positive effect if i will simply copy the particular index’ stock in particular proportion? Isn’t it some peculiarities?

Of course there will be effect. But i don’t think you would like it. Because to have effect similar to index has you have to always keep an eye on its balance. That mean you have to buy and sell assets included in it everytime its rebalanced. I guess you can have the same effect without this headache by using futures on particular index

And what about dividends? I could be wrong but it can be a pretty nice sum

Whoops, haven’t been here for a long time :wink:

It is a nice sum if you posses stocks. But once you you own only an index’ futures you can only have a difference in price as your profit. Nevertheless it is much better than periodically recalibration of your portfolio