Trade Journal #2

Best of luck with that but its already dropped 100 pips today so I would have thought going long was a better bet. Suppose it depends how long you want to be in for. You may get some pips but I would expect it to return back above 184.00 before long

I was expecting it to break the soft support around 183.60. Will be holding it still at least until tomorrow. You still holding your long positions?

Ive cashed one and holding another.
Have you seen its just in the middle if its daily drop, currently down 70 pips, worth watching for the turnaround

T25 3/2/15 9AM
Took a long position last night @ 184.62 and 184.47 on GJ. SL will be a close below 184.20/TP above the 185s.
UPDATE:Closed all positions for -32.7 pips. Was not liking the bullish probability. Will keep neutral for now.

T26 3/2/15 11AM
Short position entered on GJ @ 184.50. Targeting 2:1 reward/risk.
UPDATE: Closed all positions manually at 183.67 for +82 pips.

I got into this at 184.300, closed at 184.600.
Ive set up 2 buy limits hoping to catch any pull back, one at 184.265, the other more optimistic at 183.750

Hey Eddieb, you got any open positions right now?

T27 3/4/15 10AM
Long position entered on GJ @ 182.81. TP anywhere between 30-40 pips. SL @ 20 pips.
UPDATE: Closed positions manually for +25 pips. Was not liking the upside probability.

Good catch. Ive still got .70k at a loss but I can sit it out. Taken a short on EJ to counter it a bit

Ive got completely out today with a tiny profit, better than a loss.
Its trading too flat for my liking, Ill wait for either trend continuance or for a sustained reversal before I re enter.
How did you do, manage to grab some pips?

T28 3/5/15 08PM
Short position entered on GJ @ 182.91. SL @ 183.20/TP @ 182.00
UPDATE:Closed positions manually for +79 pips. After seeing post-NFP moves, was lucky to have gotten out of the position early. Didn’t even know there was upcoming NFPs.

T29 3/6/15 09AM
Long position entered on GJ @ 182.66. SL around 20 pips/TP between 30-40 pips. Trying to ride better-than-expected NFP results.
UPDATE:What a sad way to end a week that was going so smooth. Left positions over the weekend with -110 pips. Dang!
UPDATE: Was able to close all positions yesterday for -33 pips average.

What caused you to enter that trade?

T30 3/9/15 9AM
Short position entered @ 182.70. SL 20-30 pips/TP 80-100 pips. Entered due to the prevailing med-term bearish trend.
UPDATE: -235 PIPS and its only tuesday. wow

Another bad trading week as i shave off a big chunk of my account. It appears i am having troubles surpassing a specific account balance range.

Anyways, i have decided to make a new journal here in Babypips due to the amount of missing trade data this one has. I see no reason to keep this one if i can’t even extract precise details on my previous trades. I will be looking at this journal throughout the week to extract as much information on my trades since October.

Thanks for all the hard work put into making this journal, its helpful just to see the trades someone else is making. On another note you give very vague details on the reasons you actually decide to take a trade.

It seems like you are using mainly support and resistance lines as well as candle stick signals. Do you use any oscillators, indicators, moving averages etc. ?

OrtusRex, You do realise that he last posted over 3 years ago

Yes but still he’ll come back and check it some day. Is it annoying because it will bring the journal back into a recents feed?

Hi Ortus! Thank you for your feedback. I decided to take a hiatus from trading and pursued a career in software dev. Now that I have some free time from software dev, I will be trading again and journaling here. Yes, I like to keep everything simple so I use S/R levels as well as candlestick patterns. I do not use any technical indicators nor read any economic news.

Trade#1: 11/13/2018

Decided to get back into it after 4 years of taking a break from trading. Starting account balance is $4,000. Will be using the same simple guidelines to take trades: trade in the direction of the medium-term trend, use candlestick signals for entries and exits, and get at least 2:1 reward/risk ratio.

First trade made yesterday. LONG NZD/JPY 1 STANDARD LOT @76.75 average
Medium trend is bullish, entered too early IMO. Could’ve waited for the 70pip dip down. SL @76.72, [email protected]

Update: 11/14/18 8:33 AM
Before sleeping last night around 11PM, I closed half of the position at @76.25, moved the TP to 77.45 and then moved SL to 76.92. So i had no overnight risk. TP got hit overnight for a total profit of $504. Current account value at $4506.46.