Trade Journal #2

a little bit of vsa, a little bit of harmonics, some chart patterns and on some rare occasion i will use candle stick patterns. i started with about 12 pairs but now i am trading aud/usd, eur/usd, usd/cad and gbp/usd

TRADE 86 12/7/14 06:07PM EST

short position taken at 189.56 with mental SL at 189-190 and TP at 188.50, which is the bull tail at H1 from last weekā€™s NFP results. My theory is that long tails such as that one are bound to be covered by price prior making any new significant moves. Of course, its just my theory. Anyway, good R:R too. I am looking at least 4:1 reward/risk ratio for this trade. 10:1 leverage used.

UPDATE 12/8/14 09:12AM EST

Trade still running. I made the mistake of moving my profit target from 188.50 to 188.35 to justify my decision to widen the stop loss to 190.20. Price hit original TP then pulled back to the upside. I took the opportunity to add to my positions. Added 2 mini lots at 189.19 with same profit target.

UPDATE 01:58PM EST

Closed all positions manually at 188.65 for an average +84.5 pips. It was nearing the bull trend line which would be connecting to price around the 188.40-50 area. It was a few pips less than what my original plan would have made, but still a good trade since the trade didnā€™t go against me except for the spread difference.

In the future, i will only trade counter-trend setups like this if the trend is overextended enough and if thereā€™s good candlestick pattern forming on the resistance area.

Whatā€™s vsa? Also, what time frames do you trade those candlestick patterns? any specific ones you find to produce high probability results?

TRADE 87 12/8/14 09:05PM EST

A bit skeptic that i took the trade late night, which means i have to leave it overnight. Nonetheless, i feel the setup merits validity. Entered at 188.88 with SL at 188.50 and TP at 189.67 for more than 2:1 reward/risk ratio. 10:1 leverage used.

Anticipating bull trend continuation but still an initial target for me was the recent swing high. I am hoping for manufacturing data to be released tomorrow to boost price upwards.

UPDATE 12/9/14 10:12AM EST

F*&$%ked the trade up. -250 pips on twice the size of my normal trades. Well played, market, well played. Wiped out this week and last weekā€™s gains in one trade. Why i love the market!

[B]UPDATE 12/10/14 10:14AM EST[/B]

What a week. Lost 37% of my account in a few overleveraged trades and all of my gains from the past 3 weeks. I spent half of the day yesterday just stressed out so i decided to sleep. I tried to scalp to make up the losses and at first i was winning, but then another large loss wiped it all out and added some more to the fresh wound on my account.

It all started with that one loss that ended -250 pip loss for me. Another mistake was i doubled my positions on the trade. I would have been able to manually close it if it was not for the overwhelming loss on my screen. Itā€™ll be the last one iā€™ll be doubling on any position, i can promise you folks that.

Psych-wise, i had a hard time accepting the possibility that i was wrong. It might be because iā€™ve been able to win many of the last trades i made.

Anyway, its a brand new day and its only Wednesday. Iā€™ll be back to my routine. I am not expecting nor trying to win all my losses right away. I know itā€™ll just result to more poorly chosen setups and rotten trades.

[B]TRADE 94 12/10/14 10:51AM EST[/B]

+110 pips on my short GJ position i entered last night at 187.20. Closed at 186.09. My SL was at 187.6.

Major market correction then go up very fast.
But I still think the correction still continue to 181.5 - 182.5 area.
So hard game to play anyway!

Time to get back to basics. Iā€™ve forgotten everything it seems. My mindset has reverted from the growing trader back to the primitive gambler. Will be reading up on my trading rules and thoughts

[B]TRADE 95 12/10/14 10:46PM EST[/B]

-61 pips on long position taken at 186.12.

Pretty disappointing way to end the year. Iā€™ve lost more than half of my earnings. I donā€™t care about the money as much as i care about the time i spent making it. I feel like i have lost a whole month of my life in a matter of 2 or 3 days. I guess i lost myself amid all the profits i made. From $3500 i was able to triple the amount in 2 months. Getting overconfident and stubborn was a costly price to pay and now i am back to the $4k area. I was able to withdraw over the past few weeks so i still had some realized gains. Nonetheless, the loss sure is painful.

By now, i am around my 100th trade. I havenā€™t been able to journal everything on account of getting stressed and going in and out of trades in a matter of minutes. I will be analyzing trades 1 to 95 and extracting as much data as i can. This will hopefully prepare me for next year.

Itā€™s okay man you canā€™t let that discourage you!

Thanks FourYouBoo. I wonā€™t. It just takes time to forget the loss. Howā€™s your trading going?

Holding the same trade i left over the weekend. I scaled short positions including at 187.08 and 186.27. I am using high leverage for the trade. My stop loss is at 187.15 and TP at 184.00. I am expecting it to be a longer term trade than what i usually take. But i think less trades for me would be good at least for now as i digest the previous losses.

UPDATE 12/15/14 11:37AM EST

All positions closed manually. As iā€™ve said before, i am not really good at scaling in/out. Anyways, all trades closed at 184.35 average for +200 pips average. I closed early to avoid the rollover fees later. Also anticipating a minor pullback soon as traders from other time zones take profits.

Still recovering mentally from the crazy week last week. Right now, i remain neutral. No euphoric reactions or thoughts.

TRADE 99 12/15/14 03:53PM EST

Entered at market 184.10. TP at 183.40 and SL at 184.40 for more than 2:1 reward/risk ratio. 10:1 leverage used.

Long-term bias is still bearish in my opinion. I will continue to enter only short entries until there is significant break to the downtrend. Will be cautious on key support levels around the 184-182.00 area

Mentally, am still neutral. from time to time, experiencing fear of losing.

UPDATE 12/16/14 09:28AM EST

All positions hit target at 182.50 early this morning for +171 pips average. I canā€™t get a screenshot yet because thereā€™s something wrong with my TS platform. The charts just keep loadingā€¦ Anyway, will try to post a screenshot later when its fixed.

Iā€™m getting back into trading lol. I myself have had short comings in trading. I turned 3,000 into 27,000 in one month and lost it all in the same month. But that has not discourage because if I got 27,000 before I can do it again. Gotta stay positive :smile:

Woah. In one month? were you scalping? You used max leverage i assume?

[B]TRADE 100 12/16/14 10:11AM EST[/B]

Entered initial position at 183.00. Added more at 183.20 and 183.60. TP at 181.75. SL at 184.00. Fundamentals are definitely bearish in my opinion. Candlesticks still bearish as well. 16:1 leverage used.

UPDATE 12/18/14 09:44AM EST

-250 pips average. Couldnā€™t accept losses so it built up.

Sound another excellent orders! TP until bottom

[QUOTE=ā€œmistermappy;672311ā€]Woah. In one month? were you scalping? You used max leverage i assume?[/QUOTE] no scalping and 1:100

Wow. So you were controlling really large positions huh. What trading style do you use if i may ask?