Trader with 0 experience completely new to forex

Welcome TradingGuru. This is a good place to start.

1 Like

@regan64 Yes I am currently going through the preschool section of the course

Alright @TheTradingGuru you are on the right track, one step at a time. Take your time to understand the basic, babypips course will help you achieve that first phase

2 Likes

I’m 38 now. when I was your age I thought wow I’d seen so many things and it was time to do something. Believe me, you have a lot of time ahead of you to make your life. If I can give you one piece of advice, it would be, just stick to one thing for your life and don’t change it and try to master at that. No matter what that is.

If you want to be a trader, that’s good but it’s a long term goal. Keep learning at least for two years and try to find just a strategy.

Then stick to that and try to develop and personalize that. Find the advantages and disadvantages of that and learn money management to the full.

Do not waver from one strategy to another and master at one. Believe me, the only thing that I regret is changing jobs in general and strategies in particular. If one thing I would have changed If I could go back was, I’d have stuck to one thing and try to develop that.

There’s no Holly Grails, so don’t look for that. The only thing that can make you profitable is your persistence, not changing strategies, and of course a good understanding of money management.

There are lots of things in money management you can learn but if I want to simplify that in a few words, don’t risk more than 5% of your account for each trade.

That way, you have enough chance to come back if you lose some trades.

The last thing, it’s not an easy road to drive on, so you have to be tough more than usual if you want to be successful otherwise just move on and find another career.

3 Likes

@daivid40 Nice advice.

@TheTradingGuru
Hello and welcome.
Rule 1. Not need to buy any expert advisor or technical indicator.
Rule 2. Not need to pay for books, courses or lessons.
Rule 3. Not need to spend your time with any indicator or expert advisor.
Rule 4. Not need to copy any signal.
Rule 5. Try to learn about the trend lines, level support and resistance and Fibonacci.
Rule 6. Need to try on a demo account first for a long time to test your strategy and money/risk management.
Rule 7. If you have at least 3 continues months with profit and over 100 trades, you are on the right way.

3 Likes

go through the school level minimum for 2 -3 times , this approach will make you more knowledgeable than others. always remain cool whether is going.

1 Like

every newcomer kick off trading with 0 experience , learn from pips school and demo is more appropriate for beginners level.

2 Likes

Welcome to Babypips! Take your time going through the School of Pipsology. If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask help here in the forums. Good luck!

2 Likes

You’re never too young, and to be honest you’re starting at the perfect time. I wish I would have known about trading when I was in college

2 Likes

@daivid40 Thank you so much for the advice I will definitely take that on board.

@pannik What platforms do you suggest I create a demo account for?

@justshell How do you make your way into trading? I could take all the advice I can get at this point.

1 Like

@NeilKruger Thank you. Definitely useful to know.

@TheTradingGuru I am using MT4 platform. I think is good.

1 Like

@Regan64 Do you suggest I do anything further while going through the course?

@pannik Alright thanks can I contact you once I start using demo accounts and perhaps you could run me through it?

Welcome my friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TheTradingGuru looking at my personal experience. When I started studying at the school of pipsology, I was fully determined to practically learn everything babypips taught in the course. After i read about Fibonacci, Elliott wave and so on, I took it upon me to open my MT4 and play around with it, to me it was fun more like another world of mathematics and calculation. I loved the numbers, I loved the names, I loved everything. I demo traded throughout my days of learning at babypips school just to have a real feeling of what I was learning. I admired the charts, candlestick…all my thoughts, processes and energy was focused on my studies at the school of Pipsology, I didn’t look elsewhere not even in this forum, it was after I graduated I became active here. I took mine one step at a time so I would still advice you to do same. Other steps will come to you naturally just as the idea to study at babypips school came to you. All the best mate

1 Like

the best advice I can give is to stay on the charts as much as you can starting out, because you need to understand price action. Also, learn about risk management, never risk more than what you can afford to lose on any trade you take

1 Like