Trader with 0 experience completely new to forex

Welcome my friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TheTradingGuru looking at my personal experience. When I started studying at the school of pipsology, I was fully determined to practically learn everything babypips taught in the course. After i read about Fibonacci, Elliott wave and so on, I took it upon me to open my MT4 and play around with it, to me it was fun more like another world of mathematics and calculation. I loved the numbers, I loved the names, I loved everything. I demo traded throughout my days of learning at babypips school just to have a real feeling of what I was learning. I admired the charts, candlestick…all my thoughts, processes and energy was focused on my studies at the school of Pipsology, I didn’t look elsewhere not even in this forum, it was after I graduated I became active here. I took mine one step at a time so I would still advice you to do same. Other steps will come to you naturally just as the idea to study at babypips school came to you. All the best mate

1 Like

the best advice I can give is to stay on the charts as much as you can starting out, because you need to understand price action. Also, learn about risk management, never risk more than what you can afford to lose on any trade you take

1 Like

Welcome young skywalker.

Take it from somebody who just won a t-shirt for being a member here, haha, stick with the School and the Forums. Use the search feature here. Ask questions. You’ll have many.

Go get a demo account from a regulated broker in your country, where ever that is. Once you have your demo account, add a realistic amount of fake money. Something realistic to you. And then figure out how to make a trade. Seriously. You can even do that before finishing the School. Just place a trade or two. Get that off your plate already. Go long, go short, whatever. Add a stop loss and add a profit target. Figure out the mechanics of your trading platform, whether MT4 or your broker’s web platform. Make those trades, lose some money doing it (probably!), and then come back to learning. You’ll now have checked off “Make a trade” from your to-do list, and you’ll be able to check off either “Lose a trade” and maybe even “Win a trade”, too. Then get back to learning. How you do that depends on you. Some people like to read the whole School, others will read just enough to get started, and then trade and learn/read along the way. The School is long. Take your time. Don’t quit your day job. Don’t quit on school. You won’t make millions in a week, month or even years. Save your money. Find a system, any system, and trade it on demo. Regardless of the system’s success, you’ll get time on the trading charts and you’ll start building that experience. Simple! (Understatement of the century!)

1 Like

@Regan64 Okay thanks a lot mate.

Hi tradingguru,

I see you’re doing the babypips course which is a great first step.

I have been exploring the forums and have come across some great threads which i think will be helpful for beginners. Its from a few years ago, it’s an engrossing read but gets a bit off topic towards the end however still there are some great points which I believe will be helpful in starting.

Good luck.

1 Like