Trading a "Gap-Straddle" good idea?

Gonna do this again this week with higher stake and hope there come again eighter good news or bad news according to the actual geopolitical situation after the weekend…

Worked again this week, rumours about new peace talks in the Ukrainian crisis hoovered European indices after the weekend break higher:
7 lot long Neth25 one account, 7 lot short other account, positions opened simultaneously last minute of trading session Friday, on Monday 0805 Neth 24 was 10 pips higher, made riskless profit approx.40 EUR with approx.25 EUR stake each position.
Loosing position (short) was stopped out with 70 EUR loss, negative balance protection reduced the loss to the initial stake of 25 EUR.

And again that weekend Friday 18,
6 lot long, 6 lot short:

Now I leave it up to the reader what I wish that should happen until Monday 21 morning in our geopolitical scenario to boost my profit…:champagne:

Worked again -
Whereas the long position was stopped out with the margin 22 EUR, the short position made 34 EUR profit, minus the lost 22 EUR from long position makes overall profit of at least 12 EUR.
That’s my free lunch for the
day🤣

That was a good shot this weekend-gap:
17 long, 17 short,each position approx.60 EUR, Neth24 gapped down 13 points, short leg made 228 EUR profit, long position lost entire stake of 60 EUR, not more cause of negative balance protection

nice profit approx.165 EUR😁