Trading advice for newbie - how many trades at one time?

Not at all, it’s actually very responsible as the account is set at 1:20 leverage, that’s less than most people here use on an individual trade.

You’ll also notice the trades were staggered, hence building into a position. That’s a total of 6% risked of account balance. And Ram is down 60%. Please don’t compare me to such people.

If you need the maths behind this then just ask.

Surly you can work that out too?

Edit: Here is the post before you relaise you’ve been silly

The margin is used to enter the position in question, and at 1:20 leverage you would need to front quite some $$$ to enter a position of that size.

Can someone tell me how that is irresponsible.

Can you show this, because I can’t see it on any chart.

Are you sure you’re looking at 2018?

Try the 1 minute chart :joy:

1 Like

honestly, it’s just funny to read - no idea where this info is taken from

#fakenews

@Trendswithbenefits

I’ve been told that i’m perhaps sometimes too aggressive in my replies, or maybe push for an argument.

So, i’ve said my bit in the above posts. Feel free to respond, i’d actually value your input and constructive criticism. There’s nothing wrong with a good debate, as long as it’s kept on topic.

In fact i’ll invite @Penelopip and @Pipstradamus so that it’s kept clean?

You can even call me out and laugh at me loosing $2.5k on this trade, but ill equally laugh at making $4k if it drops in overnight?

Really @jafooly, 10 lots and your watching the 1 minute Chart…

I’m not here to laugh at anyone, even you losing money to the markets…

Price (1 hour) is currently above the daily Vwap and below the Vwap MA200… It could go anywhere…

And with 10 lots at stake… any movement North is a margin call…

ok - so TWB, let’s use this as a foundation to start from the beginning ok?

Firstly I have no freaking idea what you mean by Vwap - is this like a new wireless internet connection or something? :wink:

And utilising perhaps 10:1 leverage on a account which is set to 20:1 maximum leverage will always look rather silly, but you need to gather the facts first.

2 Likes

This was actually a little quip at yourself when you said GBP was getting stronger, you must have been looking at the 1 minute chart.

GBP hasn’t had real strength vs USD for quite some time.

Capture

2 Likes

Lots of passion in this discussion.

Message to all - step away from the computer and eat some carbs. Maybe have a coffee.

Low blood sugar only brings the world down. :joy:

Now your position is close to being stopped out… or margin called, I’ll show you…

Dennis’s latest SW Analysis posted 9 hours ago…

GBP has decreased by 0.22%… the USD has declined 0.50%, The GBP is 0.28% firmer than the USD

The GBP has been in a small uptrend since 1.00pm on the 17th (UTC11)

So much information is available from his daily graphs…

It’s one of the most powerful Indicators there is… volume weighted average price (VWAP)